Thursday, October 2, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

Ok here's another keeper for ya! Now I have a cousin and I wont name names cause her Mama comes here....she knows who she is....she told me last week she dosnt know how to make pumpkin bread....COME ON!!!! who dosnt know how to make pumpkin bread?????? No more excuses Beachy--heres the recipe AND a picture of a slice after I pulled it out of the oven and put it on a Halloween plate with a Halloween cup! Now tell me--dosnt this make you want to go bake a couple loaves????

Ingrediants:
3-1/4 cup flour 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg 3 cups white sugar
2 cups pumpkin 2/3 cup water
1 cup vegetable oil 4 eggs

Grease and flour 2 bread pans. Preheat to 350
Put flour, sugar, baking soda, and spices into large bowl. Mix this. Add pumpkin, water, oil, eggs and nuts. Beat until well mixed. Pour into prepared pans. Bake about an hour.

Now this recipe called for 3 bread pans but I used 2. If you do have some mixture left over--use a mini bread pan. I made sure the batter was about half way up in the pan. This was the best pumpkin bread I've made so far. Make sure you have pretty fall or halloween plates and cups to serve it with! Enjoy!!!! Ohh Poopy, I added Raisins! I gots to have Raisins!

1 Thanks for your comments!:

Lilly said...

Um I dont know how to make pumpkin anything - so I will try this one too! And I love Autumn Leaves.