Sunday, January 25, 2009

Strawberry Angel Cake

Here it is! In all its glory. I dont know why--but it didnt collapse this year. Probably because I told all of you it does.....this sucker held up! If you look close you can see how it kinda started collapsing...
This photo shows just how much it was going downnnnn....I figured after the first cut--it would split wide open....but....
look! It didnt collapse! It just stayed together! Amazing! This cake is very refreshing...pretty easy to make. I cant guarantee you it wont collapse on ya--but go ahead and try it. Even it does fall apart-it dosnt affect the taste.

1 Angel Food Cake--I dont EVER use off brands--I always use Pillsbury or Betty Crocker

1 Large Cool Whip--actually you can go smaller
3 Large Pkgs. Strawberry Jello
2 Boxes Frozen Strawberries

Cut around the cake about 1 inch from the edge..pull out the pieces and set aside.

Add 3 pkgs jello to 2 cups hot water. Stir--add frozen strawberries--Chill this until firm.

Once firm--add the broken cake pieces to the jello mixture. I also throw in some Cool Whip until you like the taste. Place this inside the cake,,,and cover with Cool Whip. Chill until ready to serve! Its delicious!

P.S.---We did end up getting a new dining room set! It arrives on Friday. We took our daughter in law to shop for a new mattress set and as we were walking out--all 3 of us just said--Hey look at this one...we sat on it and new instantly it was the one we both liked. Its not fancy by any means...its a high counter top set with stools and armless chairs. For us, its perfect. I'm excited and cant wait to show ya!

19 Thanks for your comments!:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Yummm the cake looks good!

I am glad you finally found a table/chair set you were happy with...and I can't wait to see it!

Laura said...

YUM!!! This looks great!! If you love the key pendant you might want to pick it up! I only have 1 as I like to have one of a kind pieces in the shoppe. :)

Judy said...

Congratulations on the new dining room set and the cake!! I'm anxious to try it and soon. I can hardly wait to see you new set.

Lori said...

Yummy!! :)

Ginger said...

The cake looks really yummy. I can see where it would still taste good even if it falls apart.
Glad you found a dining set you like.
Ginger

Bridget said...

Congrats on having your cake hold up. Does it hold together when you cut it?

squawmama said...

Hi Dawnie... First I must say congrats on the cake holding up and I am anxious to try this one. It looks delicious and Second... Hip Hip Hooray you finally found a dining room set you love... I knew when you saw it that it would call your name... YEAH!!!! Have a super day

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Shelley said...

I love angel food cake so I will definitely make this recipe! Look forward to seeing pics of your dining set purchase!
P.S. Those giveaway gifts are great - thank you again! I already used the notebook today!

Four Paws and Co said...

Oh yummmm! We love angel food cake - I really need to try this one!!!

Congrats on finding a dining set. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures! ♥ Diane

Anonymous said...

THE CAKE LOOKS SO YUMMY...IT REMINDS ME OF THE JELLO CAKE...CAN'T WAIT TO TRY YOURS OUT.
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW TABLE. I AM LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WAITING TO SEE PICTURES OF IT BUT I'M SURE NOT AS ANXIOUS AS YOU ARE TO GET IT HOME.
debbie

Lilly said...

Dawnie that looks amazing. Truly. I am going to try this. Congrats for it holding up. That is a sign that this year is going to be a great one for you! Oh how exciting about the dining set too!

Nana Net said...

Oh my, I am so happy that your cake stood tall for you! Wonders never cease do they? :0) Also so happy that you found your dining room set.
Now to go out and buy the items to make that wonderul scrumptious cake! You know there is nothing like homemade cakes! Especially Angel Food ones! Like you my Angel Food Cakes always flop too! LOL
Oh well it must be the weather or something that causes it!
Take care and enjoy life!

rosemarie said...

dawnie that looks great..save me a piece..loland no i didnt go back to bed ,i had to work today,,duh!!!

said...

That cake looks darn yummy!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

I can't wait to see your new dining set. See, there was a reason you didn't buy the other one. Your cake looks great! Shoot, I wanted to see the collapsed cake! I'll be trying this recipe. laurie

Shana said...

Oh my - the cake looks so good. I'm now starving with 3 hours left until lunch. And my frozen meal doesn't seem even half as appetizing as this cake. :-)

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Yummy, your cake looks delightful!! I am excited to see your new diningroom set.
Hugs, Terrie

Nancy Rosalina said...

Yummmy, that looks so good, Dawn! Easy Peasy too! Right down my alley! Thanks for sharing! Blessings,Nancy

Anonymous said...

I love strawberries and even though I've never tried an angel food cake because I've been told it's tricky to pull off, I might try this one.

It would be fabulous on a warm summer day.