Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Banana Bread by Martha Stewart!

UMMMMM dosnt this look great? I baked this alittle bit ago. I saved a couple bananas from a few days ago that were starting to go bad. You know the worse the banana the better the bread. I have been using the same recipe for nearly 30 years from The Joy Of Cooking Cookbook. This year I decided to give Martha Stewarts recipe a try and its pretty dern good. You can freeze bad bananas to use at a later date if you dont have time to bake. In the fall, I bake quite a bit and our older children end up with quite a few goodies. This bread tastes good warm or served toasted. I did add walnut pieces and chocolate chips. Enjoy!

1/4 butter (unsalted) 1 cup mashed banana ( I use 2)

1 cup sugar 1/2 cup sour cream
2 eggs 1 tsp vanilla
1-1/2 cups flour 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1 tsp baking soda 1/4 chocolate chips ( I use mini ones )

Cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs beat well. Mix dry ingrediants and combine with the butter mixture. Blend well, add bananas, sour cream and vanilla. Stir well
Pour into greased bread pan. Add nuts and chocolate tips if desired and use a knife to stir in.
Bake 350 for about an hour. Bread will be dark on top. Spread butter on top when done if desired and enjoy! Thanks from Martha Stewart!

3 Thanks for your comments!:

Carol B. said...

Mmmm! I love yummy breads!
Thanks for commenting again on my blog. All I can say is, if you are already lucky enough to have a good paying job, why not take a class or two at your local college and see what part of your creative side is motivated? I went to school "late in life" myself. You'd be surprised what you can find out about yourself.
Enjoy your banana bread!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Hmm I have some overipe bananas right now. Maybe I could try to whip one for tonight. ;) Yours looks delish!

Thanks for stopping by at my blog.

Nancy Rosalina said...

I love banana bread...going to try this! Thanks for sharing it! I am going to add you to my blog list...there's alot of wonderful things on your blog, I will visit often! Nancy