Friday, September 5, 2008

Beef Tips

Here ya go! I made this for dinner tonight and it rocked. Compliments of Sept/Oct Issue of Paula Deens Magazine. I've had very good luck with her recipes.
2 TB Olive Oil
4 lbs Sirloin Tip roast cut into pieces ( I used Beef Stew Meat)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 TB butter
4 Large Sweet Onions
4 cloves garlic--I use always minced garlic in my cooking
1/3 cp flour
2 (10.5 oz) cans beef Consumme
1 (14 oz) can Beef Broth
2 TB Worchestire Sauce
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme ( i use dried)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 (14 oz) package french bread cut into 1/4 in thick slices
1-1/2 shredded mozz cheese
Heat Olive oil and add meat. sprinkle with salt and pepper. brown, remove and set aside. in same pan melt butter and add onions..cook em down and carmelize them. about 15 to 20 minutes. Add garlic and flour. Add meat back to this, consumme, broth, worchestire, bay leaves,and thyme. Simmer for about 1 hour until meat is tender. Stir in cream and simmer another 30 minutes or so. Remove bay leaves. Place mixture into a pan sprayed with Pam. Place toasted French bread on top and cover with mozz cheese. I baked it for about 15 minutes and then broiled it for a couple more. I served it over noodles. I always use No Yolks noodles,, they cook fast and perfect every time! I also cut this recipe in half for baldyman and I. It rocked!

0 Thanks for your comments!: