Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Zuchinni Quiche

Its been a LONG LONG time since I shared a recipe with all of you, and tonight when I put this on my plate I thought....this looks so dam good (pardon my language) that I have to take a picture and post the recipe. After I ate it...I am sooo glad to tell you--its AWESOME! Now, lucky me I was able to walk outside and pick my zuchinni and use it fresh. The pumpkin bread I made from scratch also, and it was the best I've had....very moist. And an extra note before I post the recipe.....check out the candle. I am teaching myself how to make candles to add to my bodycare line. This is my first candle and its a success. I'm making soy candles in containers and once I learn how to do it good enough to sell, I will also add votives, tealights. I plan on carrying a regular Victorian Jar line--(6.5 oz) and then for special holidays I will have candle's like above--in pumpkins, christmas jars etc. Soo, if you like Zuchinni,, please make this recipe. I found it in a magazine but tweaked it to what i like and my husband who isnt a huge fan of Quiche, couldnt stop eating this. I threatened to slap him if he didnt leave a slice for me for lunch tomorrow!

Zuchinni Quiche

1 Tube of Crescent Roll Mix
3 Medium Zuchinni ( i used the small zuchinni and just put it one and then sliced up a big one I had)
Diced Ham
Minced Garlic
2 TB Butter ( I never measure)
Fresh Parsley, Fresh Dill
Pepper ( I never add salt)
1 Cup Monteray JacK cheese
3 Eggs
Cut Up Onion
Take the Crescent roll dough apart and place it in a greased pie plate..you will have to play with it. The pointed side faces the middle of the pie plate.


Fry up your zuchinni, minced garlic, onion, ham in olive oil. Add 1/2 of the cheese when Zuchinni is near done.

Put this mixture in the Pie Crust Plate. Place some butter on the top of this..I just placed 2 spoonfuls. I use I cant believe its not butter. Then mix 3 eggs and pour over this. Sprinkle rest of cheese on top. Bake 350 until its set approx 30 minutes. I also placed some foil around edge of crust so it wouldnt be to dark.

Let sit for about 5 minutes--slice and enjoy!

5 Thanks for your comments!:

Shelley said...

That zuchinni quiche sounds wonderful! I may try making it at the cabin this weekend! Also looking forward to your soy candles. This christmas I have many blog friends I can shop from - including you! :-)

Judy said...

I love quiche. I made one a few weeks ago and am ready to make another one. They make a great lunch with the leftovers.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
That does sound good, thanks for sharing! Cindy

Melissa Miller said...

It does sound and look so good Dawnie. I'll try it one day soon.

Thank you so much for your encouraging words about my blodd pressure tonight.
I can relate to what you said.
I am feeling so dizzy from the new meds as we speak. Sigh...Time will tell if I stay on this one I'm sure.

~Blessings my friend, ~Melissa :)

Maya @ Completely Coastal said...

Delicious sounding..., it's bookmarked!