Sunday, September 21, 2008

Peanut Butter Apple Crisp

This is some GOOD stuff. Its been passed down from my MIL and I've used it now for nearly 30 years....cant believe i willingly admit that! I've seen many apple crisp recipes--tried many and this still ranks my favorite. The difference is clearly the peanut butter. I normally also mix my apples, I normally use 3 various types of apples,,dont use Delicious its not a cooking apple. Your going to need anywhere between 8-10 apples of decent size. I hope you enjoy this, my family does every fall! Oh, dont forget the best way to eat apple crisp is right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream.

Peel and slice enough apples to fill a 9x13 pan. Sprinkle 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 cup sugar over the apples and mix well.

For topping:
Blend until Crumbly 1/2 cup sugar, 2/3 cup flour, 5 T margarine or Butter--( I never use margarine) 1/2 cup peanut butter. Bake at 350 until apples are tender and topping is nice and crisp. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream. I'm warning you--this is GREAT!

4 Thanks for your comments!:

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Dawnie, thanks for coming by and visiting with me. That Peanut Butter Apple Crisp looks delish! Anything with peanut butter is DELISH! Come back anytime and visit! Nancy

jo@blog-diggidy said...

this looks so yummy...even though i am "supposed" to be on a diet, i may be forced to try this!!! thanks for the comments, btw...they will be very helpful in trying to get my blog more traffic!! thanks for the follow too!! take care!!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! Great posting.


Peace,


WEDDING RINGS

ryan said...

i love apple crisp... i love peanut butter... this looks amazing. finding baked goods here in korea can be difficult, they have a different idea about what "sweet" is... i think this photo has inspired me to visit a little hidden specialty shop i was told of... i hear they make "real" brownies... they cost a fortune but i think it might be worth it.

cool blog.