Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Cheesecake

Well, what is one good cure when one is feeling unsure, down, scared--etc...EATTTTT!!! And eat something good--homemade and soul food! So, I made this this morning,,it was in the oven by 6:30 am. Problem is, its for my oldest son who turned 30 on October 3rd. I didnt make him his usual birthday dinner and his favorite cheesecake because of his wedding. Mumblings came from his new bride that he was missing his cheesecake so good ole Mama made one this morning. I wish there was a way I could sneak a bite without it showing...but as you can see its impossible to sneak a bite and patch it up! This recipe is one I"ve been using for 30 years. Its a keeper, I've tried others and they dont hold a candle to this. Enjoy!

Crust: If you dont have time or dont want to, you can purchase a pre-made Graham Cracker Crust..just make sure its the largest one you can get and deep also.
1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
3TB sugar
3 TB butter......Mix all and place in cheesecake pan or pie pan and bake at 325 for 10 minutes.

Combine:
3 Pkgs, Philly Cream Cheese--do NOT subsitute--its the larger size--not the little 3 oz size.
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 TB milk
3 TB flour
1/2 tsp vanilla.................I combine all and mix well. Once mixture looks pretty smooth, pour into crust and bake at 450 10 minutes. Turn heat down to 250 and bake until top begins to brown and crack. Sometimes and I dont know why--the top wont crack--it will actually look quite nice!
If it browns and cracks--the flavor is just as good, I use it as a guide to know its done--its about 45 minutes. Serve plain or with raspberries, strawberries and cool whip! Everyone LOVES this cheesecake.

12 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

ohhhh save me a piece!!!

Anonymous said...

**takes a big bite** no one will know it was me ;) i have never made **cough** cheesecake **cough** before...maybe i will use this recipe to try t for the first time?!? thanks!! hugs an prayers...

Lisa said...

This looks terrific, thanks for sharing the recipe. Thank you for stopping by my blog and the great movie suggestions. I had forgotten about them! Have a great day!

HektikLyfe said...

I am lactose intolerant so cheesecake is something I may never get to enjoy.

squawmama said...

Oh Dawnie... Cheesecake one of my favorites... I have copied and I will make...LOL LOL... YUMO!!!
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe... Have a great afternoon...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Lilly said...

Oh gosh this is yum, Hell he cant eat all that on his own, no. Take a piece and one for me too please! Thanks for the recipe I am going to try this and will let you know. It truly is makig me hungry and I just ate breakfast too!

Lilly said...

Oh gosh this is yum, Hell he cant eat all that on his own, no. Take a piece and one for me too please! Thanks for the recipe I am going to try this and will let you know. It truly is makig me hungry and I just ate breakfast too!

Lilly said...

Oh gosh this is yum, Hell he cant eat all that on his own, no. Take a piece and one for me too please! Thanks for the recipe I am going to try this and will let you know. It truly is makig me hungry and I just ate breakfast too!

Ginger said...

Dawn, the cheesecake looks good. I have a weakness for cheesecake...shoot I have a weakness for anything sweet. lol. I am guessing the 3 bars of cheesecake are the big ones, right?
Ginger

Jessica said...

Hi Dawnie~ Thank you for coming by for a visit! That cheesecake looks oh so good....I've never made one before but I am going to try this one. :) Have a wonderful day!

Hugs~ J

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Yummy, I have never made a cheesecake. I really need to try!! Got any secrets???

Anonymous said...

Dawn!!

YUM this looks good. I will have to try it! I a few recipes posted in Oct. (not too far back) Check them out when you get chance. I have my Sweet Potatoe Cheese Cake on there... our recipes are similar.

xoxoxoxo
Donna