Saturday, November 15, 2008

Ummmm,,,check this out!

This is a picture of the homemade Spaghetti Sauce that I made this week compliments of Carol from Meadowsweet Days. Dosnt this look delish?

I made a few mistakes that I know how to correct to perfect it next time. What me and Baldyman liked about it the most is that we both like pork in our sauce and we liked knowing this just HAS to be pretty healthy for you. Its really only crushed tomatos and various meats for flavor. I know I need to find a garlic mincer to smash the garlic cloves...I've never cooked with whole garlic cloves before. I just purchase the minced garlic in a jar. I also couldnt find Sweet Italian Sausage with Fennel in it--so I will go to a butcher next time. The local grocers around here carry only the basic of basics, I'm tellin ya this is a BORING town. I wont post this recipe because its not mine....BUT head to her blog and not only is it a great blog, you can get the recipe from her!

5 Thanks for your comments!:

Lilly said...

That would be my most favourite meal - spaghetti as long as I have salad with it. Congratulations on making the sauce. It looks so good I will have to have a go. I love new recipes thanks Dawnie.

squawmama said...

I love Italian food and will be going to check out the recipe... It looks so good... Thanks so much for posting it... Have a great day Dawnie...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

Pasta is my husband's all time favorite meal. I have to confess that I use Prego sauce. After looking at all of the recipe blogs during the last few weeks, I am inspired to do more from scratch meals.

Lady of the Mote said...

looks like something my hubby will love thanks!
I never know what to cook for him anymore,it was easy to cook for many,but I find it hard cooking just for him

HektikLyfe said...

Hey! It looks like a puckering spaghetti plate with a buttered bread heart!

Perhaps I just see that because my wife has trained me well. She frequently does things like that with the food she prepares for me. :)