Friday, November 14, 2008

Rainbow

This was taken last week after a late fall rain. It actually was WAY brighter and bigger than even this. Baldyman says it was the biggest and brightest rainbow he ever seen. I think the camera captured it pretty well. I cant remember who posted on their blog about beauty and seeing beautiful things, but isnt it true? You can walk outside each and every day and find something that is simply beautiful. God's creation has awe moments all the time. The last flowers of the season, the first snowfall, the moon rising, the sun setting...birds flying over the lake. In these tough times when money is tight for so many of us, lets not forget to walk outside and take advantage of all the "free" stuff. Each season brings its miracles. We may get our first snowfall this weekend--where it actually accumulates on the grass...I cant wait--snow falling can be so beautiful. The weekend is here, I hope everyone can take a few minutes and find something to sit and stare it that causes you to stop and think how beautiful life can be.

7 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

I think that was me who blogged on beauty,but its so true,we need to look for the beauty,the rainbows,snow, flowers,in patterns,etc,it stirs the soul.

Ronda's Rants said...

Great picture...great song! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I linked to yours to check it out amd I really like your design. You did a great job on your banner. About your post, it is so true that the simplest things in life are the most beautiful. Sometime we forget to take the time to look at the world around us and just admire all the beauty we are blessed with.

Judy said...

Hi Dawn, I agree with you and the rainbow is beautiful. We had our first "snow" this morning. It's over now but the grass was white for awhile and the flakes falling slowly was so pretty.

HektikLyfe said...

How coincidental. During the recent rains I too saw the most incredible rainbow. If a guy can say that without losing his man-card.

It was a full half circle. The sky behind it was dark and cloudy but the sunny area I was in was bright so it gave the impression that it was some sort of dome.

Kristens Creations said...

What a beautiful rainbow! That reminds me.... I had just picked up Chase from school today and we were looking at the big fluffy clouds in the sky. I said "Aren't those clouds beautiful?" Chase said " Yeah, looks like a giant gun to me!" Couldn't he have seen a fluffy teddy bear or rabbit? He He. Actually, they were kind of shaped like a gun! Kristen

Anonymous said...

tuesday on my way home from picking up my daughter from school, we saw the coolest sun dogs. they were coming out of some clouds that looked like a shelf and the rays of sun looked like a waterfall. it was the coolest thing!! i am always reminded how much God really loves us when He creates things like that for us to see. hugs and prayers...