Sunday, November 2, 2008

Its Official-the holidays are here!

To me, the end of Halloween signals the beginning of the Holidays. I normally begin putting up my Christmas Decorations the week after Halloween. I have my table getting ready for Thanksgiving...my little pilgrims are gracing the table.
This picture is of my Christmas Table setting last Christmas Day. It was so beautiful--at least for me. I dont think I decorate very well, so I was quite impressed with this. I dont know if I will do the same this year or not. Well, I do know that I have the same water goblets and the China. This China was given to us by Baldymans brother, for a marriage that never went thru for him nearly 40 years ago. Its from either Korea or Vietnam. Its very special to me just because I dont have many things that are that old and from other places. The water goblets I got from a store for like 10 bucks....very cheap but actually very pretty. They have a gold rim around the top and I usually put out a really pretty glass pitcher full of ice water and lemons.

I'm finding that I"m finally getting in the Christmas Spirit. I decorate every room in my home--so its a process. Thanksgiving I cook for all my children and grandchildren. I have a sister that has been coming for the last couple of years--but she wont be able to join us this year. Its our favorite meal of the year--and I'm already excited about sitting down with that wonderful plate of food.

9 Thanks for your comments!:

Dana and Daisy said...

Hi Dawnie! Thanks for visiting my blog on the day of my debut! The desk I ordered also comes in a lovely pea green color. Be sure and measure before you order as it is bigger in real life than it appears in photos.

Nice to meet you!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie, As much as I love Christmas I don't think I can decorate for it yet. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Just good food, a long walk on an Autumn day and being with family.

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks for visiting me. I enjoyed your blog. Love the look of your blog, how did you get it??? I'm looking for a new look. Laurie

squawmama said...

Hi Dawnie... I think your decorations are simply beautiful... I love all the holidays ans decorate tottaly every square inch that I can in the motorhome.. when we had the house I decorated every room... I cooked Thanksgiving & Christmas for the entire family and any friends that had no place to go for 35 years... when we moved into the motorhome I passed the torch to my daughters and sister-in-law... Now I make a dish and arrive... Still do a lot of the cooking at my daughers though...

Let the holidays begin!!!!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Charmingdesigns said...

Thanks, I'll go check them out. Laurie

Lilly said...

Oh I love your setting and I love Christmas too. I dont usually start until 1 December though. Its all great fun so enjoy your decorating!

Anonymous said...

I love this time of the year, too. I began decorating Thanksgiving weekend but I start thinking about it as soon as the last Trick or Treater leaves my front porch.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Dawn, You come back as much as you want to and look at that lace shirt! I just didn't feel well enough yesterday to go back and get it! I am really having a hard time with this sickness! Sickness is not ME and I don't like it!! Please keep me in your prayers! Nancy

HektikLyfe said...

I love the holidays. Its like coming home to little parties every day after work. Nice smells and decorations. Gifts in the corner under the tree, clean air, snow in the mountains.

Sitting by the fireplace with the wife and our dog.

Its the best.