Friday, November 7, 2008

Heavenly Chocolate Chunk Cookies

Click on the picture to get up real close and see how yummy these look! they are AWESOME. I have company coming today and I made these and also an Almond Poppyseed Cake which I will post the receipe for that later. Its from Paula Deen and that also is very good! We like our cookies with a firmness and a light crunch and these have it. What I've done is placed them in a bag and put them in the fridge when done...maybe i need to go on a hunt for the perfect cookie jar!

3/4 butter ( i use unsalted real butter)
2 TB instant coffee granules
2 cups plus 2 TB flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 sugar
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 11.5 oz pack semi sweet chocolate chunks or semi sweet chocolate chips-I mixed both
1 cup walnuts pieces

Combine butter and coffee granules in a small saucepan and heat until butter melts and coffee granules dissolve. Remove and cool to room temp. About 10 or 15 minutes.

Combine flour, baking soda, set aside.

Combine butter mixture, sugars, egg and egg yolk in a large bowl, Beat at Medium speed until blended. Gradually add flour mixture beated at low speed until blended. Stir in Chocolate chunks and walnuts.

Drop dough by tablespoons 2 inches apart unto ungreased sheets. Bake at 325 12 -14 minutes.

When you cook the butter and coffee granules and let it cool, do not let the butter re solidify.

Enjoy! These are very good!

( alittle side note from me, I never add salt to anything I cook, so if you do begin to follow my recipes, you will notice that. I also never use salted butter, I used it once and thought I would jump from the roof--I'm that sensitive to salt in my foods! Also, when I measure ingrediants for most of what I cook, I am not good about exacts,,,I tend to guessitmate, I always felt that that was the secret for a good cook, and while I think I stink at decorating, I do think I'm a pretty good cook!)

7 Thanks for your comments!:

Lilly said...

Gosh they look so good. I think I will try these. Thanks for the recipe.

HektikLyfe said...

I am going to forward these to my wife. I love it when she makes cookies.

Sandra said...

Thank so much for stoppin by my blog!!!

I enjoy yours!

squawmama said...

Oh Dawnie, These will definately be on my holiday table... Love Chocolate chip and add nuts... YUMMY... Thanks for the recipe

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

these look delish, gonna steal the recipe and try them, if you don't mind!! hugs and prayers...

Judy said...

I love the recipe. I'm always looking for new cookie recipes.

Lady of the Mote said...

what else to say but they look so YUMMY!!!
please pass the cookie and no one will get hurt,yum