Friday, November 28, 2008

Isnt this sweet?

I was at Marshalls last week and came across this container. Perfect for tea and very shabby looking. My tea was just sitting on the counter tops looking all lonely and of course all good tea needs a home. You can tell by the lid I have it alittle stuffed but a couple good cups of good tea should fix this problem. I'm on a mission to get alot of nice containers this winter to put things such as this in. Organizing and getting things in order is not one of my talents but I truly have to get things in order. I cannot live like this anymore. Also, my goal this year is to either see if something can be worked out for the house we are renting--OR move on and find one that we can work something out that has more room. Even though its just Baldyman and me most of the time--we actually have our kids and grandkids around quite often and its just to crowded. Organzing and getting things in order are really my way of getting things together just in case we may be moving.

Its Black Friday and we did our part by getting up at 4:30. Our Walmart was unbearable, we actually left. I noticed though about an hour later the parking lot was back to near normal days...so that must mean people came, got what they wanted and got out. I wonder if thats how its going to be for most of the stores today...kinda bleak.

Have a great weekend everyone, its the official kick off of Christmas Shopping! We are on our annual trek to my cousins for a weekend of card playing, movie watching, shopping and over eatin!

10 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

That is sweet!very pretty,
brave woman you are going Black Friday shopping,
I pray you find the perfect place if you move.

Shelley said...

That is an adorable find!

Anonymous said...

Good for you getting up at 4:30 to shop! I am not brave enough for that :-) Thanks for the blog visit, I love your blog too. I will be back to see what you have been up to! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Tootsie said...

I have that cannister! and the one for coffee too! I love them

Anonymous said...

Oh...your annual trek sounds like soooo much fun!! My neighbor dropped by a little while ago to drop off some home made bread and she told me she went to Walmart early this morning. It was crowded but she said the sales were amazing. She was buying grand children gifts and she was real pleased. Have fun!

squawmama said...

Hi Dawnie... Love the tea jar... I might have to look into that one.... my tea bags are all in a little basket on the counter... Not pretty at all... Glad you got some shopping in... You're brave... I never go out on Black Friday... I just stay home with my leftovers...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Judy said...

I love your little tea canister. I have a french one that I love. No shopping for me, I was all cuddled up under my down comforter!!

Nancy Rosalina said...

OOOH Dawnie, I love that sweet Tea container!!! Great Find! Have fun shopping and visiting! Blessings, Nancy

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie - I tagged you in a meme if you have time. Stop by and see it.

My son had to work on Black Friday and he decided not to brave the early hours for door busters.

My husband and I went out and had a leisure breakfast and then hit the mall around 1:00. Surprise, Surprise there were no lines and shopping was a breeze. We then went out to dinner. It helps to book end the shopping with good food. :>)

I love your tee holder. My tea sits in its little box unadorned by me.

HektikLyfe said...

We stayed home and had good rest. We never go out to those deals. I rarely heard of anything I couldn't find a better price for on the internet.