Sunday, December 21, 2008

Chocolate n' Cinnamon Cappuccino Mix

Here ya go! A homemade Christmas gift that I made last night and not only was it very easy, it was VERY good. I'm not a coffee fan, I dont drink it, but most people do and we all know what a hit Starbucks and other places are with people. This little mix--you mix all the ingrediants in one bowl, and then place it in the jars. Thats it! This recipe calls for placing the mix in quart size jars but i used half pints, which gave me almost 4 jars. I kept the 4th for the Baldyman. He sampled it last night and it was Delish! All I was missing was the whipped cream to have on top--which Cool Whip now makes its cream ready to spray! If your looking for a pretty inexpensive, last minute gift or just enjoy making a gift homemade--try this! I used Ball Canning jars. I had a harder time locating those than anything else in this recipe! Enjoy!

1-1/2 Cup Sugar
1 C. Powdered Sugar
2/3 Cup Instant Coffee Granules
2/3 C Powdered Coffee Creamer ( i wonder how a flavor would add taste to this!)
1/2 C Unsweetened Cocoa
1T. plus 1 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon

Mix this all in a bowl very well and then place in jar! Tie a pretty ribbon on it and add the Instructions on the jar and your done!

Instructions: Place 1-1/2 T Chocolate Cinnamon Mix into 8 oz boiling water. Mix until dissolved...sprinkle with Cool Whip or Whipped topping and Enjoy!

8 Thanks for your comments!:

Helen said...

Good morning! Your children and grandchildren are beautiful! I know how you cherish them. There is a box under my Christmas tree from my sister in St. Louis. It contains many different kinds of hot chocolate mix. I can't wait to open it. For now I won't have to start from scratch. Please stay warm and safe ... my youngest son lives in Minneapolis. I lived there for twenty-four years so I know what you are experiencing.

squawmama said...

Good Morning Dawnie.... Thanks a lot fot that recipe... I would love it... and you know after all this time blogging with you I am sure we would make great friends... we have a lot in common... Would love to meet you some day...
Thanks girlfriend...Love ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Dawn Marie said...

ya know I got to thinking-I bet you could put some Irish Whiskey in here--just a dash and get some GOOD tasting Irish coffee!

Thanks Donna! I know we would be great friends. Isnt it sad how you meet people online and know in person you could be great company but most of us are so far away!

You never know though--we could end up meeting..baldyman and I are taking more road trips than ever before and if possible if you guys pass thru this area--you could park your RV in our driveway for acouple days!

grammy said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by. I have been loosing peoples addresses. However I always stop by someones blog after they were at mine (it is so easy to click on their comment) Sorry you are so cold there. I will be back...Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

"Thunk" Ok, now that I've picked myself up off the floor after hearing you don't drink coffee, I can write my comment.

My heritage is 1/2 Swedish so coffee consumption is a given in our family. However, I didn't start drinking the black brew until I was about 24. I was working in retail and everyone smoked and drank coffee on breaks. I was always teased for drinking a Pepsi at 10 in the morning so I picked up the lesser of the two evils and started drinking coffee.

Alas, now I am addicted to the beverage and should have it run through my veins with an IV. :>)

This is a charming gift idea! BTW it's minus 6 degrees in Chicago land today and we received about 10 inches of snow the other day. How is it a little to the north?

Judy said...

What a fun idea. I've made hot chocolate mixes and given them for gifts. I love giving homemade gifts don't you?

Melissa Miller said...

Hello Dawn!

This is wonderful!
Thank you for posting and sharing this.
I'm trying this out very soon.

~Warmly,Melissa :)

Meadowsweet Days said...

I will most definitely try this.... it looks yummy! Thanks for sharing it! Merry Christmas and keep warm :)

Carol