Thursday, December 18, 2008

Winter Storm Warning!

See all this red, well thats where I live. Right smack in the middle this approaching system. Currently its 5 degrees outside....shall we put on some shorts? Its been so cold this week, my car has been running very strange and everything is just freezing. Add to that, this constant every other day of snowing and its so unpleasant for driving--walking, trying to get out and do errands. This storm is gonna be huge they say...up to a Foot of snow for us. Only about 3 days ago, you could see our deck, everything had melted off. Its now covered again and soon will be probably up to our knees if not higher. I dont mind the snow that much,,,but what does get to ya, is how difficult the driving can be AND how its impossible some days to get out and get errands done. The town we live in basically has no stores, so we have to drive about 30 minutes to do our shopping. NO, I'm not done with Christmas shopping so in the midst of his constant snowing I need to find time to get out. Think of us tonight--this snow system should be arriving sometime between 3 this afternoon and early evening. Whenever they give a time--I notice it arrives several hours earlier. Dawnie will be bundling up tonight!

14 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

stay safe and warm,
I hate the snow!NYC winters can be brutal,others love them.

HektikLyfe said...

Holy crap that's cold!

I see images of frozen runny noses and frosted beards.

We are a toasty 45 degrees.

squawmama said...

Holy Kamoly girlfriend... not so envious now... it would cover my little Tassie... LOL LOL... If I had room I'd say come on down.... Stay warm my friend... Love Ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie - here in NW Illinois we are either going to receive 3-5 inches or an ice storm. I'd rather have the snow...ice is the worst.

On days like this, I appreciate not having to commute to work. However, my poor husband has to endure the elements.

I'm making cream of chicken and rice soup tonight to thaw him out when he arrives home. :>)

Tootsie said...

you would almost think you were in Canada! stay warm....I know exactly how you feel!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie, thought I'd stop by and say hello, haven't visited you in a while. Geez, you go shopping in this winter storm, that's scary. be very very careful. I hate to say this , but my a/c is on, I hate Fl. at Christmas time.

Hugs,
Chris

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

We are approaching some really bad weather here, too!! it's suppose to start late this afternoon. Stay safe and warm!!
Hugs, Terrie

Lilly said...

That is cold Dawnie - it must be tough to drive in. Take Care and take a pic for me - never snows where I am....

cherry said...

We have got a lot of snow...we have had a storm watch over our area as well. I hope you stay nice and warm! Cuddle up with a blanket and a good book. Enjoyed your blog. cherry

JEWEL said...

I know! We will be up to our necks in snow! I have so much to do prior the holiday ... the snow just slows me down. However, I will have to spend more time indoors, blogging :-)

Shelley said...

Be careful out there! We're expecting a winter storm in northern michigan tonite - so we'll see!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Dawnie, You take care and just enjoy it! Oh, and Pleeeease send a LITTLE down here to TN...LOL Nancy

The Raggedy Girl said...

Dawnie:
That red looks really angry. I live in the mountains in Northern Nevada, did it snow here... NO!! It snowed in Las Vegas and hubby said something about snowballs in hell...yikes. hunker down, missy.
Roberta Anne

squawmama said...

Hi Dawnie... Just wanted to tell you I will EAT those candies you sent out... I was going to the stores shopping every day or so for a while and I would pick up bags of all the different Hershey kisses, M&M's, And all those little miniature candy bars wrapped colorful Christmas foils until I had so much candy in the house I was snacking on it all day long... It was too much and I have put on like 5 pounds this month alone... I am already a BIG girl so we just decided to get rid of it... A piece now & then OK but eating it for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & snacks was a little too much...LOL Love YA

(((HUGS)))
Donna