Monday, December 29, 2008

Monday, the last of 2008!

This is the last Monday of 2008! I still remember 2000 the most. That was the year everyone thought for sure something was going to happen because it was the beginning of the 2000's. The end of the world was talked about so much I actually got scared of bringing in that year. I cant believe its now been 8 years since that, the time is going by so fast, it truly is like lightning. A speck in time..that is really what our lives are all about. The older I get, like many of you I'm sure, we know what is important, what isnt. We know our priorities and what we want. The key is, can most of us get it? Some have obstacles they cannot control...I mean if your a single person who relies on your self, you have no choice but to sometimes work doing what you dont want to do...you have to keep a roof over your head. Some of us have children still at home that involves are time and resources. Some may have other life circumstances that will always be there, they just have to find a way to fit it all in. For me, my main obstacle is Baldyman is self-employed so insurance is an issue. If I leave my job--that will be something we have to figure out. I've always done what I needed to do--worked around my children, worked when we needed certain things, stayed home when we needed someone there....now at 50, I find myself saying to HIM,,,its your turn, find a way to provide what you and I need so I can finally do something I want to do--its not that I wont earn an income to help--but I dont want to do something I no longer enjoy or that drains the crap out of me. 2009 for me, is going to be about letting go of guilt and allowing myself to experience something that isnt such a robber of joy of my soul.

I dont have the normal goals of losing weight--although I surely need to, I think thats a process, we give up a few things--increase a few things--learn more about healthy eating and I do believe in time that will fix itself. I guess for me I could say--2009 is going to be--ITS ALL ABOUT ME! I want to be the best I can be--but inside..my soul, my spirit. Does that make sense?

Its our last couple of days of 2008, I'll keep sharing what I want to work on, I hope to hear some of yours also. What are your plans for New Years Eve? What are your goals for the year? I think tomorrow's thinking girl topic will be about my job and how I'm feeling about it...about how our life work can either be a gift in our life or a hindrance and how sometimes, our jobs can freeze us. I dont want to be frozen anymore.

9 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

want to share with you a quote,I'll be putting on my blog New Years,


We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched.  Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives... not looking for flaws, but for potential.  ~Ellen Goodman

Dawnie you have vast potential!

Bridget said...

I loved your thoughts on the year 2000 and the year of "me." You go girl! Sounds like a great empowering year ahead of you.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow's post.
Hugs, Bridget

Anonymous said...

I hope it all works out for you. Insurance is a tricky but important item to consider.

I'll keep thinking good thoughts that everything works in 2009 towards a "Me" year.

Cottage Rose said...

Hey Dawnie; What a lovely post. Good luck with your new path for 2009. Thank you for the visit and comment, how sweet of you to stop by.
Have a great week.

Hugs;
Alaura

squawmama said...

Dawnie... I really hope all your plans & dreams come true for you in 2009... It sounds like you have a great plan so stick to it... Wishing you the bestest year ever... Love ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Shelley said...

I concur w/ Loady of the Mote - you do have vast potential!
P.S. There are many different insurance options out there. My previous job was the insurance provider for both of us - now I have my own business (hubby has his own) and we each have affordable individual plans. We are also considering have him add me as an employee and he's going to get a plan to cover us and some of his employees (which equals tax deducations.) Explore your options - where there's a will, there's a way!

The Raggedy Girl said...

WoW, Dawn:
I could have written this same blog. I have spent the last few months trying to figure out what is important and what isn't. And I am with you are we in superspeed through the decade?
Roberta Anne

Tootsie said...

I have my list of "to -do's" already made...and will make sure to do as many as I can in 2009. It must be a better year for me than 2008 or I will be blogging from a mental unit somewhere! Have a great year end..and beginning!

Anonymous said...

GM Dawn, Thought I'd drop by and say hi and boy am I glad I did. This is a very meaningful post, got me to thinking too. I think it's good for you to do some soul searching once in a while, at least for me it is. Come for a vist when you get the time.

Hugs,
Chris