Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Trailer!

Baldyman and I camp alot in the summer. We have a 1952 Pink and Blue Rollahome trailer that while old and funky...we love it. This little trailer christmas house for some reason just reminded me of our trailer. Of course it dosnt look anything like it---but you can tell by looking at the details someone...loved this trailer. Alot of life is in this little trailer house. Thats how I feel about ours. Its one of the oldest trailers in the campground but yet--its very very homey and cute. We put alot of life into it. Each year we do something to it--no matter how small. He wont paint it--he's liking that pink and blue...despite it being an eyesore. At this cold time of year, there are times I really miss camping, sleeping to the sound of crickets and night creatures and thruout the night, checking out the stars on the deck. Nothing is more beautiful than when you can see a million stars because its so dark. I found this little Christmas Trailer House at Lowes. I wanted it but wasnt willing to pay the near $35.00 dollar price tag. I went back last weekend to see if it was still around, and yep it was AND it was now half price. I paid for it brought it home and set it in my office. A gentle reminder of what is coming in a couple months.....Camping!

9 Thanks for your comments!:

squawmama said...

Oh Dawnie your little trailer is so cute... I love it... Who knows maybe someday we will run into each other in some campground... And you are so right... There is nothing as beautiful as seeing the night skies when there are no city lights involved... We have seen some beautiful shies in the Rocky Mountains and on Lake Superior... Also in the Dakotas, Montana & Wyoming... We even saw the Milky Way so clearly this past summer... Have a Great Day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Lilly said...

That truly is cute. Good find. You know something your trailor will probably be worth a lot of money one day Dawnie. Seriously. Keep it a while and you will see. I hate camping. I remember going on van holidays as a kid. There was one trip where we were away for six weeks (all seven of us) and it rained the entire time. It sort of ruined any love I may have for camping, he he. I do love lying on the grass and looking at the night sky though. Keep looking at your new trailer and soon enough it will be springtime again.

Lady of the Mote said...

what a wonderful trailer!

Shelley said...

What a great item to have to remind you of your wonderful camping memories! My hubby & I use to camp all the time before we built the log cabin. But i still want to go again and explore other places.

Anonymous said...

It's adorable and I love the name Easy Street and the truck with the tree, and the snowman, and the... :>)I have to stop myself. It looks like an Air Stream trailer. The town where I grew up had an Air Stream convention every year. I always thought they were so cool.

grammy said...

Love the little trailer. We love to camp in ours too. Not as sweet as yours is. In reading your back posts just let me say...we have a 23 year old son. I can relate.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie! What a cute little trailer all decked out for Christmas! Love it!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Raggedy Girl said...

Hi Dawnie:
Continuing to pray for Annie. I also love camping and my little camping house that follows behind our truck and has no telephone. I can clean the whole thing in a half an hour.
Roberta Anne

Vegas Linda Lou said...

Ha--that's cute!

Let me know when you come back to Vegas--I'd love to meet you! If you think it's fun to visit, you should live here--it's a great place, alright!