Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gingerbread Man!

Well here he is...he still needs to dry out for 2 more days. He's cute as heck..but thick! I do think I want him alittle thick so he can lean up against the window and not crack if he ends up falling over. I dont know yet if I will keep this recipe for making him because the other side looks like crap and I really want these to end up looking super nice and being strong. Once I get him painted and ribboned up--I will post him again if he actually lives that long...you just never know what the next 2 days will bring to his little life.

As you can tell I'm not that big into crafting but there are a couple things I do have in mind that I want to perfect and possibly sell later on. He is one and I came across some other neat ideas last night--tonight I'm off to locate some of the supplies. I'm on a mission and that is to have some sort of income coming into our home to replace mine if I end up deciding to leave my job within the next year or two. A part time job out of the home and then something from home would be sweet! If anyone of you who stops by happens to know of a recipe to make gingerbread ornaments or tricks on painting them--feel free to leave your tips!

12 Thanks for your comments!:

Jessica said...

Hi Dawnie~ I love your gingerbread man....can't wait to see the outcome! Thanks so much for coming by~ please stop in, anytime!

Hugs~ J

Lady of the Mote said...

LOL he a doll,looking forward to seeing him all dressed up.

Shelley said...

Gingerbread men are such happy fellows! I like yours!

Robin Beck said...

I have to laugh...I have been craving gingerbread ALL day-YET I can't eat any gluten (flour, rye, barley, most oats) so I have been trying to find something that has ginger in it to fill my "ginger" need! I have yet to find it and then I come over here and what do I find?? Mr. Gingerbread man! All I have to say is he better run! :)
All kidding aside, he is adorable-I can't wait to see him all decked out!
Robin~♥

Judy said...

I'm about as crafty as you are but I love your "little man" He is adorable. Looking forward to seeing more. How did you make him?

Judy said...

Hi again Dawn, Yes I would love the recipe. I have one for applesauce and cinnamon and then you cut out shapes. I haven't tried it yet. I'll let you know how it comes out.

Lilly said...

He is too cute. You did a great job. Good for you in trying to find new ways to earn an incme. I am trying to do the very same. Looking forward to seeing how the gingerbread man ends up...

squawmama said...

He really is a cute little guy... Can't wait to see him finished.. Good luck... Have a good night Dawnie

(((HUGS)))
Donna

tincanlily said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the idea of putting the gingerbread man in your window. Sorry, I do not have a recipe to share. Can't wait to see the finished project.
denise

The Raggedy Girl said...

It seems to me that we use to make gingerbread ornaments from applesauce and cinnamon but I don't remember how much. They always were smooth and smelled really good. I think your little man is really cute.
Roberta Anne

HektikLyfe said...

Why is everyone so brutal? They always start at the head. The crunchy, delicious head.

Shauna said...

YUMMY!!! I l♥ve gingerbread men :)