Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here's to your Health in 2009!

The infamous Jack Lalanne Juicer! This is one of my Christmas gifts from my 2nd son and his wife. I've wanted a juicer for a LONG time..and cheapie that i am I surely hadnt planned on getting one anytime soon for myself. I had NO idea my kids knew I wanted one. BUT...I guess they do listen to me...because they thought of this. Baldyman and I have been using this daily, and the juice is great. So far, I've had my first (dare I admit this at 50) Mango! I've also purchased my first Pomegrante. I love Pomegrante juice but just buy that--never the fruit. We've mixed these fruits with oranges or grapefruits.

I admit its not the quickest thing to do--and the clean up is somewhat time consuming--BUT when you look at the health benefits you cant beat it. You have to rinse all the parts of the machine with each use. It takes about 4-5 pieces of fruit for 2 cups of fresh juice...so its not economical by any means either. BUT....again...you cant beat the freshness of it or the health part of it. The Machine is pretty easy to use and take apart and put back together..its a process of less than 5 minutes. Most fruits dont have to be seeded which saves time--but I do remove the peelings because the juice is pretty tart if you dont. One thing Ive learned real quick as has the Baldyman--we now search high and low for fresh fruit sales. We change what we add to the oranges or grapefruit depending on the sale.

Hey, its one tiny change for Health,,,its those tiny steps that add up to the bigger steps down the road of life! Anyone going out for New Years---stay safe! See ya in 2009!

10 Thanks for your comments!:

Meadowsweet Days said...

Hi Dawn,

Happy New Year to you, too! Just think how healthy you will be with your wonderful gift! I love juicing, too! Especially love carrot juice! Have a wonderful New Years Eve! May all of your hopes and dreams come true in this new year! New Year, New You! :)

Carol

Shelley said...

Fresh juice is so wonderful - so glad you got the juicer as a gift! You have thoughtful kids!

Anonymous said...

Look at how good Jack looks and he's in his nineties. There must be something to it. I think, alas, I'm too lazy to do juicing.

You received some great gifts. Have a great New Year's Eve!

Southern Comfort said...

My daughter would love to have your juicer. She has a small, inexpensive one and she loves to juice any kind of fruit. My mother uses the blender to make a "salad" drink with vegetables. I haven't tried it yet but I should follow her example because she is so healthy. You asked about the limoncello-it is a lemon liquor that you can sip after a meal or mix with champagne or tonic. I have only had it straight! It was fun to make though.

Lilly said...

I love fresh juice and I add water to mine as I dont like it too strong. Here is to your health and happiness in 2009!

Lady of the Mote said...

Happy New Years,enjoy your juicer,I must admit I got lazy using mine,I find a smoothie in a blender easier

Ginger said...

I had a juicer a few years ago that I used regulary. It got packed away and forgotten about somehow. But I used to make V-8 juice with all kinds of veggies in it...I guess by the time I added the vodka for our bloody mary, it took the health benefits away. lol.
I want to wish you and baldy man a very happy new year. I hope 2009 is a great year for you.
Your friend in blogging,
Ginger

The Raggedy Girl said...

Dawn:
What a lovely gift and anything worth while takes time.
Have a really Happy New Year
from Roberta Anne

Tootsie said...

glad you got your gift! sounds very neat....just stopped by to make sure you hear a Happy new year from me!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Hi Dawn, Happy New Year! Many Blessings to you in 2009, Nancy
Enjoy that juicer!