Friday, December 19, 2008

Buried in Wisconsin

You can kinda get a feel for how much snow is falling if you look at how deep it is on Genie. I hate to impose on her while she's doing her bathroom duties...but I couldnt pass the photo up. She dosnt like this much snow and really had a hard time picking her place to go potty. We probably have about 8 inches so far.
Here are a couple of photos from across the street of our home...its quite windy, cold and snowing very heavy.
I hope you enjoyed this little tour of what's going on here right now....its not pleasant at all. So far, all schools are closed, most businesses. BUT...guess what? So far no malls or stores have closed. Soooo, once this slows down---us Christmas shoppers can get back out there and search for great deals. Thats what we have planned later today once the snow subsides.

17 Thanks for your comments!:

squawmama said...

Wow Dawnie... What a winter wonderland.... Thank goodness the malls are open... LOL LOL Have fun going out today and be careful not loose Genie in the snow... Have fun

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Lady of the Mote said...

stay safe and warm!

Anonymous said...

Our world looks about the same. Our suburb should have between 6-10 inches of snow by noon. I'm not going shopping...you are dedicated. I'm staying inside where it's warm.

I feel sorry for my husband and son who had to go to work today. Plus, my husband drives around in it all day.

Tootsie said...

it sure looks like winter has come for you! we are still waiting for most of our snow. we did get to shovel once and it is COLD here

Melissa Miller said...

HI DAWNIE,

OH MY HOW BEAUTIFUL!!!
OF COURSE I'M SAYING THAT BEING THAT I'M IN 70 DEGREE WEATHER TODAY. LOL!

PLEASE TAKE CARE AND STAY NICE AND WARM. :)

THANKS FOR VISITING.
YOU'RE ALWAYS WELCOME.
~MELISSA :)

Anonymous said...

I think that is beautiful, but then I'm looking at a picture. Be safe.

Hugs,
Chris

Cottage Rose said...

Oh My Gosh; Dawnie; Looks like you are going to have a very White Christmas. We are getting the same as you here, in Indiana but mostly freezing rain then snow later. We are all closed up here too some are with out lights. So far we are good.

Stay warm and Merry Christmas.

Hugs;
Alaura

Meadowsweet Days said...

The blessings of the season to you and your family, Dawnie! Keep warm in all of that snow. We're having a storm today as well. A good day to stay home and make some lentil soup and cookies!

Carol

Lilly said...

Wow Dawnie - that is amazing - beautiful pics by the way. Stay safe and warm and I hope you managed to get some bargains!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my, you are in worse shape than I am. Stay warm and dry. If my wind keeps up I may end up in your yard before morning!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's looking alot like Christmas there. I have no snow (because I'm in California) and it's hard to get into the spirit without it. Although I am glad I don't have drive in it.

HektikLyfe said...

Closest thing to snow we get here is hail. Even then, it isn't anything you want to be caught in.

Bridget said...

So did the snow stop yet? Did you get out or are you snowed in? I guess you are having a white Christmas huh? LOL I used to live in snow country and about this time of the year the snow is fun to look at, come January or February, you'd give anything to see some green again.
Stay warm and keep us posted on your snow status.
Hugs, Bridget

The Raggedy Girl said...

Dawnie:
It is beautiful. A white Christmas for you and a blowing one for me.
Roberta Anne

Audrey said...

Hello Dawnie, thanks for visiting my blog and entering my contest!! I have new posts quite often, just have been keeping Cara's at the top. Come back soon.

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Dawnie, so nice to meet you and thank you for stopping by and your sweet comment.
The snow pics are beautiful! I know it can be rough going for a while but is so pretty. I remember winter like this growing up in Michigan.
Did you get out to shop?
Stay safe ad best wishes for a very Merry Christmas
Celestina Marie

Judy said...

How pretty!! We haven't had much snow, just flurrie, but the cold is BRRRR!!! Stay warm and safe.

Have a happy holiday.