Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cookie Recipe and Baldymans Hat!

We're all busy and most of us LOVE those easy recipes that are also very good! Heres one for ya. I call em Surprise Cookies and I tuck inside an M'M. Now I bet no one who knows me even the slightest would have guessed that. You might want to double this recipe because it dosnt even make quite 3 dozen. Heres the ingrediants: 1 cup butter, (unsalted), 2/3 cup sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla, 2-1/4 cups flour. Heat oven to 350. Roll dough into small balls and tuck inside the middle an M'M, raisin..you get the idea. Bake for about 10 minutes--until you can see the bottom is lightly browned. Let cool and roll in Powdered Sugar. Enjoy! As you notice in the picture--I also had my tea with mine--it was soooo good!
And here is Baldyman and his crazy Penquin Hat he runs around town in. I guess the older he gets, the weirder he gets to. I tried to get him in his Santa Shorts and shirt and my pink shoes he wears all the time--but that was pushing it. If anyone has a Lowes around them--that is where this hat was purchased. My cousin and her partner Jim bought it for Baldyman, they also have Santa ones. Their both adorable hats.

12 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

he looks wonderful in the hat,so cute!
the cookies look yummy.

Shelley said...

That hat was made for baldyman!! Thank you for sharing the cookie recipe too - I'm always on the lookout for new ones!

Anonymous said...

Cute hat but I don't think I could get my shy husband to wear one...although he LOVES Lowes.

Bridget said...

LOL, that is a classic and the cookies sound great. Today is baking day!

Anonymous said...

what a handsome dude!! love that hat!! Merry Christmas Baldyman!!! the cookies sound great, too, i might just have to try those!!

HektikLyfe said...

We have a Lowe's. Its very expensive their though I like it much more than Home Depot.

Ginger said...

Dawn, I love the hat. I bet he's the life of the party when he wears that hat. (or even without the hat, he looks like he enjoys a good time).
My hubby got a bomber (I guess that is what you call them) hat last Christmas and he won't take it off. It remind me of Walter Mathau in Grumpy Old Men...a hat with ear flaps.
Ginger

The Raggedy Girl said...

I just love the hat!!!
Roberta Anne

Lilly said...

Cute - the cookies and the hat. And baldyman is being very brave getting his photo taken in it given the whole world is watching he he...

squawmama said...

I have been waiting for this picture ever since you posted about it and it didn't let me down... How fun is that hat... The cookies look great I'll be keeping this recipe...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Anonymous said...

The hat's too much! LOL! There's no way my husband would be caught alive (or dead) it in.

Anonymous said...

I pray my hubby doesn't find a hat like that. LOL The cookies sound wondeful, I'll copy that into my recipe folder. You sound like a lot of fun, hope to get to know you better.

Hugs,
Chris