Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Prime Rib

Prime Rib! Baldyman and I cant get enough of this! Lucky for us it went on sale this week and for the two of us it was under 15.00. The picture dosnt do it justice, I think it rocked. I've learned the key to successful Prime Rib is in the Rock Salt. I'm not a user of Salt at all, I never use it to season my food and I almost always omit it from recipes. With Prime Rib, it draws out the flavor enhances the meat. You just cant NOT use it.

My recipe for Prime Rib goes like this!

Turn your oven to 350. Season the meat fatty side and some of the meat part--with Rock Salt. Dont be skimpy! I also then have about 1/2 in water in the pan and pour in some beef broth.

Let the meat cook depending on its size--for a roast small enough for 2 say about 20-30 minutes. Turn oven off and let sit for a few hours. Before eating--turn oven back on and cook about another 20 minutes.

Take out of oven and let sit for about 10 minutes before carving.

If your cooking a large Prime Rib you will have to initially cook it about an hour. When you turn it back on I would cook it another 45 minutes. Its also best when cooking a large roast to let it sit in the oven while its off for a good 6 hours.

Enjoy! By the way, if anyone knows of a good recipe for Creamy Horseradish Sauce--I need one!

0 Thanks for your comments!: