Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Stuffed Shells


Ok here ya go, another of my favorite recipes!

This is my own put together recipe but I always get compliments so why change a good thing?

Fry up 1lb of ground beef-add some pork if you like, add onion, minced garlic. I fry mine up in Olive Oil.

Boil a 1Lb box of Shells until almost done, NOT soft., there should be a slight firmness to them

Mix up a small cottage cheese, (16 0zs) with a small Ricotta Cheese, 1 egg and some fresh parsley.

Spray the bottom of a 9x13 pan with Pam w/olive oil or pour a thin coating of Ragu Spaghetti Sauce. Stuff your shells with the cheese mixture., you can add some meat to a few if you would like. Once your done stuffing them, I pour the meat mixture over the shells. Pour a jar of Ragu Sauce over this. Add a package of Mozzerela Cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake at 350 until the shells are bubbling... approx 45 minutes. You can also add seasonings that you like to the meat mixture. Feel free to make your own sauce or use another that you like. This is always a great recipe for company and easy to make. Enjoy!


3 Thanks for your comments!:

Nana Net said...

Dawn,
This looks delicious! Can not wait to make it myself and give it a try. Though I cannot tell my hubby it has "Cottage Cheese" in it! LOL He truly hates that stuff. But once it is cooked he will never know! :0)

Thanks for sharing your recipe with us. Have a terrific evening.
And keep on blogging away!

Nana Net

Nana Net said...

No, mine is just a 2-column one. Thanks for the comment. Have a good day.

Nana Net

Nancy Rosalina said...

Dawn, this looks so good! My family would devour this! I will give this a try. Nancy