Monday, September 1, 2008

Sangria

Homemade Sangria, you just cant beat it. On a hot day, nothing can taste better. Grab yourself a pretty glass, fill it with ice and top it off. The fruit absorbs the flavors and it bursts in your mouth. Here's my recipe, I hope you enjoy it!

1 Bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon ( I like Barefoot Wines-inexpensive and tasty)
1/2 can of Limeaide 12 oz cans
1/2 can of Lemonade ""
1/2 can of Cranberry Juice ""
2 cups of 7-up or Sierra Mist
1/2 cup of water-( I just pour alittle water in the wine bottle and dump it in)
Mix all together and add your favorite fruits
I use Apples, oranges, Lemons, limes..etc. The apples are the best!

Pour over ice and enjoy! DO NOT drink and drive after this one...its pretty potent!

3 Thanks for your comments!:

Lallee said...

I've been on a Sangria kick lately! I'm afraid I'm making them the lazy way--straight out of the bottle with a slice of orange. Thanks for the recipe.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I nominated you for a blog award! Stop by my blog to pick it up, if you're into that kind of thing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawnie, I was tickled to have you visit my blog. No...you didn't miss the end. To me it was a long post. :) I know all about Wisconsin Dell. My son lives in Illinois and we spent time in Wisconsin with them last summer. Your Sangria recipe sounds so good. When you say 1/2 can limeaid, etc.. what size can? ~ Lynn