Friday, December 5, 2008

Its Shellmo's Fault!

Yesterday she posted pictures of her mudroom and how she thought it was not that tidy. Well, I thought, she needs to see my entrance. I feel bad that I'm subjecting all of you to such a piggy mess....BUT this is the real me folks! Good thing is--its only at the beginning of the house--it does get better..I promise!
As you can see, I try real hard to at least pair the shoes up--so they are easy to find and it looks somewhat neat. I'm not a total pig am I? I felt so bad about how bad this looks after seeing how NICE her area looked, I decided after work I was going to clean it up somewhat. Now what you wont see, is the closet to the left where I tossed it all. It dosnt count what i did with it--it only counts that I cleaned this up!
WA LA! YOu can see its totally 100% cleaned up! There is even room for Genie to walk her command post and bark at the neighbors! She was so happy I did this! This is where she stands all the time and drives us nuts with her letting the world know she OWNS this house and you better not even think of walking to the door. I leave the door open so she can do this, its like her exercise. Anyhow--it sure looks nice after a pick up and a quick sweep dosnt it? Believe me, it wont last past today!

14 Thanks for your comments!:

Shelley said...

Dawnie - you are cracking me up!! It looks great! Trust me - if I had a little side closet by my entrance those shoes would be heaved in there w/ no thoughts of pairing them up! :-0

Anonymous said...

Dawnie...it looks great. But don't feel bad about all the shoes at the entrance. Mine is the same way and it's only me and Bobby G. We don't have a back mud room but we do have a big foyer and Bobby G. thinks it's his personal closet. I won't let him wear shoes upstairs because of the light carpet so all shoes come off at the front door. Problem is he wears 48 different pairs over the course of a week and they are all in the foyer. bah humbug!

Lady of the Mote said...

LOL it looks good,I would say the same as Shellmo,if I had a closest there,it would be piled high with shoes and coats.

squawmama said...

Looking good now Dawnie.... but really I know how easy it is for it to get backed up again... I think we all do... I know I do... Glad to see a real picture LOL LOL... Have a Funtasic Day!!!

(((HUGS)))
Donna

SmilingSally said...

Oh, it's hard when you live in cold, wet places. Please don't hate me, but I live in South Florida; we don't have mud rooms!

Thanks for stopping by my place.

in time out said...

what a fun dog...and how funny. i love your mud room, wish i had one. thanks for coming to my blog,,,the chocolate...i can't wait. deciding the winners by the 7th. pulling out of a hat, otherwise i would just send chocolate to everyone, and have to give up christmas this year...he he ..take care...

Anonymous said...

Good job!

Bridget said...

Looks like my entry when I lived in Washington (state.)
Thanks for letting it all hang out!

Dawn Marie said...

well i already have one pair of shoes laying around., so we are on our way..and we have more snow coming so i sense the boots being pulled back out!

I'm going to have a Wisconsin Giveaway--coming up! I'm going to find things here in my little town that are from here! Watch for it next week!

The Raggedy Girl said...

I like to see real homes where actual people and their pets live. It makes me feel better about the wall to wall toys that decorate my front room.
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn:

Got your message on herbs and bath scrubs. You also mentioned something about natural scents. I think your want to make sure you use fragrances, rather than scents because fragrances are better for you health wise.

I can't wait to see what you come up. Bath scrubs and things like that are always great for relieving stress, which means if you haven't thought about, it would be good if you came up with some products particularly made to relieve stress, that way I can refer to your blog in my posts on stress.

Judy said...

You are so cute!! I love this post. I don't really have an entryway so in front of my door is where my shoes live. And no I'm not telling you how many pair. Just more than one!!

Ginger said...

Dawn, oh boy, can I relate. I have that problem at the back door (we come in through the garage). I finally got hubby to take part of the garage and make it into a mud room. There's a nice bench to sit down on to take off the muddy boots, a rack for coats, big enough for a dog kennel...but guess where the shoes are? In the family room still. Yuck. I guess you can't train an old dog new tricks.
Ginger
PS they are not my shoes!!!!!lol

Jessica said...

Lol...this was CA-UTE!

Hugs~ J