Tuesday, November 25, 2008

1st Snowfall of the Season!

We got our 1st snowfall yesterday morning. Isnt it beautiful? I woke up to this (below) and then it was so pretty I had to turn on the little tree to enhance it! The first snowfall is always exciting. Your not tired of it yet, you havent been driving in it for months.
My favorite snow is when it sticks to the trees like this. I was so hoping it would be around for Thanksgiving...but its going to hit near 40 today and tomorrow be near 50. That will just about take care of this snowfall. While winter isnt my favorite Season, there really is nothing more beautiful than a real fluffy snowstorn or taking a walk on a late winter night after a good storm. There is nothing more peaceful or beautiful. And of course,,,no bugs!

10 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

it is beautiful,enjoy,it looks like a Christmas card already.
Have a blessed day!

Ronda's Rants said...

Looks like the kind of weather where you stay indoors and read a good book....enjoy your day no matter what!!! :)

Shelley said...

The snow looks wonderful and yes - you should put on your cute xmas tree!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, if it could snow AND be warm, snow AND have clear roads, i'd be good!!! ;) hugs and prayers...

Ginger said...

The snow looks so pretty on your patio. I love it when we get snow and I can sit and look out at it, but it gets old pretty fast, like you said driving in it, isn't fun.
But what can we do but just get used to it. lol.
Ginger

squawmama said...

Oh Dawnie I love the snow pictures... Living in Florida we don't see that too often...LOL LOL... I think in my whole life only 3 times and it didn't stick... Have a beautiful day...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

HektikLyfe said...

I LOVE the snow but hate the salt damage to the cars. There is a cabin in a town nearby where we actually woke up to a snowy morning. It was a great memory.

Dianne said...

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog. Yes, my parrot is crazy and has a great story of how I found her (or she found me).

You can order my book from Amazon and there are some used ones that are cheaper. Whatever it takes to get the word out into the Universe.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

That little tree is so pretty sitting out in the snow. I love snow around the holidays but once they're finished....I prefer just the cold but not too cold.

Happy Black Friday shopping! - :>)

Judy said...

It is so beautiful and I'm so jealous. We had one little itty bitty snow that was gone by noon. I want that first fluffy snow.