Monday, September 7, 2009

More Halloween Decor!

I guess you could say i'm officially accepting that summer in Wisconsin is closing and Fall has arrived. This is my fireplace. I cant wait for Halloween to hand out treats, my pumpkin is always ready for Grandchildren's little hands or my kids when they pop in or guests. I end up filling up this pumpkin at least 3-4 times before Halloween is even here. Once the pumpkin is on the fireplace mantel, everyone knows there are goodies in it.
I dont do tablescapes. This would be as close as I come. I decorate my table for Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years and Easter Dinner. Thats it! I've added Halloween now to. I even forgot that I have a Ghost and Pumpkin Salt and Pepper Shaker.
And here is my fireplace all lit up! I still have so much more to put out,,,this isnt even a touch of what I have. I'm going to scale back though, big time. I've told my kids to come pick out thru my decorations because I'm scaling down and what dosnt go--is getting donated. Last night it was a great night to have the fireplace lit up once again, all decorated. I hope everyone had a nice weekend and you can all say We are officially into Fall!

10 Thanks for your comments!:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
Your fireplace looks so pretty all lit up! Fall is certainly coming here in Wisc. but I sure will miss summer. We have trees whose leaves have started to change! Have a great week my friend, Cindy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

The Halloween fireplace lights are so fun and so pretty. I'm afraid if I had the treat bucket filled now, I would be the one who ate all of the treats! laurie

Ginger said...

I don't do much decorating for halloween as we don't get any trick or treaters.
It's warmed up here during the day again, but the nights are cool.
I wish fall would hang around for a long time. It's the best time of year.
I like your decorations!!

Karen said...

Oh Dawn. Thank you so much for your sweet comment about my nephew's wedding and my niece's big surprise. Yep, after everything with my sister, this just made my entire year!
Karen

rosemarie said...

dawnie,i was just telling jim that you probably have most of your halloween stuff up already.lol and yes we can come at the end of sept..glad to see your better..

Melissa Miller said...

Dawnie how precious! I just adore your Halloween mantle. ~Boo....:)

Shelley said...

Your fireplace looks so festive and pretty! Love those lights! I've started my fall decorating too! Bring on the pumpkins~!

Bridget said...

Hi Dawnie, I love your Halloween decor. I need to get with it and do some myself. I don't buy halloween candy until the last minute because I eat too much of it. I don't know if it would still be a temptation to me since I have given up sugar but I'm not going to take the chance. lol Happy Haunting, B.

The Raggedy Girl said...

I am so glad I am back to blogging and I love visiting blogs like yours and seeing the wonderful fall decorating. It is really fun and special.

The Raggedy Girl

Lyndsey said...

Great ideas!! Decorating home like this for Halloween looks like so much fun... I just love it!!