Monday, May 11, 2009

Cottage Update!

Okkk here it is! This is the window Baldyman built. YEP he built it, he's to cheap to buy a window or windows so he's designing his own. This is the screen part and he's just about done with the cover for it...he's building that to. We found windows for as little as 25.00 but he didnt like them. He said he wants a specific look....okkkk, i won't argue.
Here are the skylights--he made these to. We had rain 2 nights ago and they leak--lol...well he's got a fix for that to. We'll see, but I told him if I'm in there watching a show or snoozing away and i get rained on--I'm gonna be one hot mama and not the in the way he wants. From the inside they look good, he's just gotta go back and do some work to stop the leaks which arent real bad, so he says. The walls will remain just like you see, I dont want walls. We are going to nail different size pieces of wood here and there though so i can have built in shelves for all my cutsies. Shellmo you asked a while ago if I was buying things for my little hideaway and yes...I have been saving up all kinds of things. I also got some things for Mothers Day. My 3rd son bought me the fireplace for it, i've been using it in my bedroom and I tell ya--it rocks. My 2nd son and daughterinlaw bought a relax sign and some dragon fly pictures. I will take a picture this week of all my goodies.

My daughter Tara graduates from college this weekend. My hopes is that this will be done in time so I can have an Open House. As much as i appreciate what Baldyman is doing for me, I doubt this will happen. But, he says its like Extreme Makeover and he's on his timeline now. Yesterday I was having a conversation with Tara's twin (Annie) and she made a comment, "you know Dad, he's slow",,, I couldnt stop laughing because I said in what way...lol! I think its both!

Anyhow, here's my little update!

17 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

oh my,it is going to be beautiful!

Shelley said...

I love seeing your progress! That's perfect that your son got you a fireplace for it! Is it an electric one? (I have an electric one at my cabin and I LOVE it!) Dawnie, I think I'm going to have to send you a cottage warming gift when it's done...
Make sure you show us all the things you buy for it! Fun, fun, fun!

rosemarie said...

its looking good dawnie,,your lucky your husband came do things like that,some of us arent that lucky,,,lol.....

Ginger said...

Dawn, it looks like Baldyman has made quite a bit of progress. The walls look like the inside of my potting shed. I keep thinking I am going to paint them, but so far, haven't done it. There is some stuff in a can you can use in the cracks to seal them....it just sprays on and dries hard. It mainly helps keeps the bugs out.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Dawnie, Baldyman has done a great job. I know how excited you must be. How nice to have a fireplace all to yourself. What a great escape. ~Terrie~

The Raggedy Girl said...

It is so much fun seeing your progress. You are going to love your little get-away spot.

The Raggedy Girl

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh Dawnie, I know you just can't wait and the excitment probably keeps you awake at night, but It will be a beautiful hideaway for you soon. Blessings, Nancy

Dawn said...

looks like you are coming right along! i am very excioted for you!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the finished cottage!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

After he finishes, will he come all the way to Arkansas and build one for me! This is going to be such a wonderful place to escape. I'm more than a little jealous! laurie

Sassy said...

I love how handy your hubby is...that is going to be so much fun when it's done....


I had to laugh over the comment about Dad being slow and in what way...too funny!

Tootsie said...

it really is going to be wonderful!
I love the bike in your mother's day post...thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

grammy said...

The cottage is coming along (slowly) just kiddin. The bicycle planter is cute.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Dawnie,
Looking good! You gave me quite the chuckle with the skylight dilemma. Congrats on your daughter graduating from college this week-end. I bet your so proud! Hugs, Cindy

Judy said...

It's going to be beautiful. I know you will enjoy it too!!

Theresa said...

Hi Dawn, Thanks for stopping by my blog! I will be checking in on yours. Have a blessed day!

Kat said...

This is going to be so neat! I love the fireplace idea. Hubby is making great progress (leaks and all lol) Loved the "slow" comment, I bet you're still giggling over that one. Kathy