Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sad News



My little heart was broken yesterday. I came home from work and found one baby robin had fallen from the nest and was dead. I thought it might be alive at first and it may have been but only for a second and then i knew it wasnt. I said my little farewell and placed it in the shrubs. Soo for now I have 3 babies and so far they continue to do well. They look like Robins now. I go up to them and when they see me, they scrunch down into the nest as far as they can as if they are hiding from me. They are adorable. Mom makes her noises in the trees but by now she knows I wont bother them. I'm thinking next week is it and they head on out. We are off to our trailer tomorrow--I hope everyone has a safe, relaxing weekend.

16 Thanks for your comments!:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Dawn, Sometimes the mom will push a baby out of the nest for one reason or another. It is sad. maybe it was sickly. I hope the rest make it.
Hugs, Terrie

I wish you could come over for lunch!

Karen said...

Well . . . God knows best! Sometimes it just happens. OK I have a surprise for you!
GUess what I saw on the roof of my friend's house today?
A ROBIN!!!
Never seen one out here before! I was a happy camper!
Have a GREAT weekend! Karen

Lilly said...

Oh no, but tht is interesting what Terrie said. Perhaps the baby was ill. Gald the other babies are doing well. You are a sweetheart Dawnie.

Melissa Miller said...

Ah how sad....I'm so sorry Dawnie. I know how you feel about all animals because I feel the same.

Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa

A Beach House Dreamer said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Maybe the time just wasn't right for that little fellow. Hopefully you see all the others grow up!

Tootsie said...

oh how sad!!! I hope the rest make it!

Kat said...

I'm so sorry, Dawnie, I know how attached you've become to those little babies. Hope the others do well, it will be exciting to see them attempting to fly. Have a great weekend. Kathy

Shelley said...

Sorry to hear about your Robin baby - poor thing! Hope your other ones do okay. Have a great weekend!

The Raggedy Girl said...

I know how sad this is. We have had four dead baby birds this year. The boys get so upset when they find one. They are coming from birdhouses up in the trees. Hubby thinks they fall out. Praying for the other three.

The Raggedy Girl

Bridget said...

So sad! I hope the rest of the brood do well.

rosemarie said...

gee dawnat first you really scared me,right away i thought about genie,so glad to know it wasnt her..have a great weekend also.

Ginger said...

I hate when stuff like that happens. It's sad to watch something die, even a little birdie.
It sounds like you are in for a fun filled weekend.

Lori said...

I am sad about your baby robin. We just had a nest a few weeks back that had eggs in it but they did not make it. :(

Unknown said...

that does hurt your heart....sorry.

Dawn said...

very sad news... hopefully all of the others will stay healthy and in the nest (for now.) i'm sorry that you have had to experience this part...

Sassy said...

That is so sad....I love love love watching and snooping into the world outdoors....but it makes me sad when things like that happen.