Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meet Mama!

Baldyman took these pictures when we woke up this morning. This is Mama! Her tail is pushed right up against our screen.
She's watching us like hawks. She hasnt quite figured out yet how this works. My side of the bed faces her so when I get up she takes off. I can lay there and watch her for quite some time though. I'm hoping she will soon learn we wont bother her as we move about our room and she wont fly off. There are now 3 beautiful deep blue eggs in the nest. I read up on it yesterday and its looking like we have about 2 weeks before the babies arrive. I sure hope this continues to go well, its going to be so exciting to watch. I cant imagine how noisy the mornings will be when they wake up bright and early yelling for breakfast!

16 Thanks for your comments!:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

You lucky girl. I did have a robin outside my bedroom window last spring. It was amazing to watch. I was hoping she'd rebuild there this spring. But, she chose the gutter instead. Oh, well! Thanks for sharing your mama!
Hugs, Terrie

Shelley said...

I'm so envious that you will have such a good view of your Robin babies!! I'll need a ladder to be able to see mine.

The Raggedy Girl said...

This is so amazing. I love that you keep us updated.

The Raggedy Girl

Karen said...

I'm envious that you even have ROBINS! I can't tell you how excited I am when I see a new post from you! This is waaayyyy too fun! :)

Ginger said...

Great pictures. The mama is probably saying "hey, who are these people and what are they doing here" lol

grammy said...

Enjoy watching her. I havn't seen my neighboor fox family in a week. I loved to see them. Hope they haven't left. The babies were still to small I thought (o:

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

She must have known that you have a blog and could get her some publicity! What a perfect place for you and all of us to be able to watch her progress. laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
How cool is that! I am being re-nested myself as my just turned 19 year old daughter has moved back home. It is good, because the yucky boyfriend is gone, but I am worn out from the drama! Happy Mother's Day to you and the mama bird! Cindy

Lilly said...

How great is that. Love your new house guest and cant wait to see those babies. She looks settled in her new home.

Bridget said...

LOL the morning chirping will not be quite as fun as watching the process. I hope they are late sleepers.

Anonymous said...

We have robins that return every year because I have a cherry tree. They stake out their claim in early April and stay around until the cherries ripen. They eat themselves silly and then head to Michigan for the main course in cherries.

I hope all goes well with the little family. Be prepared just in case something happens because there is a high mortality rate with young baby birds. Love the updates!

rosemarie said...

so nice to get to meet the mom ,will you be home in time for the births of the babies??i forgot when you were leaving..have a great mothers day ...

Tootsie said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!

Lori said...

Happy Mother's Day! :)

The Raggedy Girl said...

Just stopping by to wish you a
Happy Mother's Day and to let you know that you are in my church prayers this morning...smiles to you!

The Raggedy Girl

Judy said...

You are one lucky girl. Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm so anxious for the babies. And yes, I think it will be noisy for awhile.