Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Robin Nesting

If you look real close at the bedroom curtain and you can enlarge by clicking on the picture,,you will see the outline of the Robins beak while she's sitting in the nest. I LOVE this picture. I have been checking on and off when I'm home to see if the Robin is ever in the nest. This is the first I've seen of her. When I left for work this morning-I did see 1 egg in the nest. When I came home, there were 2!
I was experimenting alittle with my camera=sorry this is a blurry shot, but you can see the eggs.
Here's another shot--clearer. Arent they beautiful? I feel so blessed to have this going on right in my bedroom window. I'm going to tie back my curtains tonight so I dont disturb her when she's resting. I sure hope this goes well all the way thru and we get to see the babies and watch them grow. I've never been priviledged to have this experience so close at hand.

15 Thanks for your comments!:

grammy said...

That egg is so BLUE. So pretty. You will love how loud they are when they are bigger and all chirping for food (o:

rosemarie said...

thats awsome ,i cant believe how blue it is.hope your enjoying this weather....

Karen said...

OH MY GOODNESS! This is awesome! And I have to admit - but don't tell anyone - I didn't know that Robin's eggs are blue! I thought - well I thought that was an old wives tale!
This is so cool, keep us posted!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What beautiful blue eggs. I think you're going to have beautiful babies! I look forward to see the progress. laurie

Shelley said...

I am so excited for you! Love looking at those blue eggs! By the way - I now have a Robin nesting in the eaves of our log cabin. I'll post the pic later this week. We'll have to see whose babies hatch first! :-)

Ginger said...

I think thats neat that you can be so close up and the birds don't know you are watching. Hope the eggs hatch out.

Kat said...

This is just the neatest thing! That is the prettiest color of blue. And I love that first photo. Have fun, this is really exciting. Kathy

seanymph said...

You might see more eggs. I just read recently they lay up to four.

Lilly said...

I love your pic through the curtain - great photogrpahy. are the eggs blue? How pretty are they? Have you been looking at baby names, lol!!

The Raggedy Girl said...

This is so neat and I cannot wait to see more photos.

The Raggedy Girl

Dawn said...

oh my! how beautiful! how fun! i think you are right... it is very special indeed!

Southern Comfort said...

That is what people mean when they say "Robin's egg blue"! It is now a firm, pretty picture for me in my mind. I can't wait to see the babies.

Melissa Miller said...

Oh Dawnie that is soooo neat! Show us the babies when you see them too!

Have a wonderful evening.
~Melissa

Tootsie said...

how awesome is that!!! I wish we had a tree that was large enough for this to happen outside my window!
I was just on my way over here when you left me a comment! thanks for all the sweet words...sadly the seeds did not perform the way they should have or have in previous years and I am afraid I will come up short this year!

Dawn Marie said...

Update!!! there are now 3 eggs in the nest!