Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Finally, Cabin Pictures!

Okkk in no order and I dont have all of them uploaded yet, but heres an idea of how its looking. This is the right corner of the shed, I have some books on the table and a few other things to inspire me.
Heres my fireplace, its an electric one, and it gives off a fair enough amount of heat. The kiss on top is a gift from my 3rd son who just got back from the Hershey Store in Pennsylvania I Believe.
This is what you see when you enter the shed, the relax sign is a gift from my son and daughter in law for Mothers day..the perfect thought huh?
Here's my free Loveseat from my 2nd son's basement, I just bought a cover, some pillows and its pretty comfy! The picnic basket next to it--is my end table and it can hold quite a bit of stuff.
Heres the door to the shed. Its not finished..Baldyman has been working on these days for the 4th night in a row. He's trying to have it so when we are inside if the weather isnt good or when we close it up, it just unfolds and hinges. I love the screen door, love it. He still has quite a bit to do, he's been stumped by these doors. We are also trying to find someone to do the electricity, we though we had someone but he's not returning our calls, so much for people needing money huh? Sooo, i'm on a mission to find someone else to do it. I just want 2 outlets and a place for light for outside and also I think we will put a small ceiling fan in it. Sooo, you have an idea of how its coming along. I have more photos I will put up tomorrow. I have so many cute things inside it,,,and so many more to hang--and so many more to purchase.

13 Thanks for your comments!:

The Raggedy Girl said...

Dawn:

It is so sweet and what a wonderful idea to have your own little space to get away from it all.

The Raggedy Girl

Lilly said...

Oh is it really shaping up. Love what you are doing with it all. Love the relax and inspire signs. You started me on the craze and I bought a love one the other day and thought of you with the ones on your walls. Tell Baldyman he has done a great job with this and you have as well!!

Ginger said...

Hi Dawn:
It's coming right along. Pretty neat that you got the loveseat for free. Love that giant Kiss.
I was lucky with my little cottage/shed...my s.i.l. is not only a fireman but an electrician, so I got him to help hubby with the plugs and lights. It takes time to find all the right things to hang.

Shelley said...

That fireplace is great! Is that hershey kiss real? If so, let's make some SMORES! :-0
Love your cabin and that sofa looks extra comfy. More pictures please!!!

Kat said...

This is really coming along great! I love the signs, and I really like the picnic basket as a table. I had the same questions as Shellmo - is that Kiss real? I would NEVER leave this little hideaway lol. Kathy

Anonymous said...

ho my god dawn that look's great.greg did a great job.i hope to get up there soon,love ya.

Rebecka said...

How wonderful is this?!
Everything is so cozy and peaceful.
Yay for you!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love it Dawnie, how cozy and peaceful it will be! Cindy

Nana Net said...

WOW, girlfriend you & Baldyman sure have got it looking good! His hardwork sure is paying off. And I just love all of your decor in it. Especially the fireplace. It is darling! I can not wait to see more pictures! You truly are going to have so much enjoyment relaxing out there!

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh Dawine, I know you are already enjoy it! And I sure know about all the fun you are having decorating! Nancy

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Wonderful! Love the little electric fireplace, and that sofa turned out perfectly for a "get away" spot! You may never go back into the house. I know I wouldn't (except for bathroom use)! laurie

Dawn said...

it is looking great! what a nice place to retreat to... and if you are making s'mores, i'll be right over!

Connie said...

I love it and you are making it so cozy and I wanna come visit with you!

Connie