Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I have Fairies!

And heres the proof,,,enlarge the picture and you can see their tiny footprints. This is the entrance to their little home. Never mind the door isnt next to a tree and there's only a skinny pole behind the door..lol. This is part of what I see when I sit in my little cottage. I bought this fairy door so I can tell my grandchildren there really are fairies and so we have this door so then can come and go. At night the window on the door glows, it looks really neat.
Heres another view from sitting on the couch in the cottage. Its shaping up pretty nicely. Baldyman is taking a break right now, but he's thinking he's gonna get back into it soon. He has some trim left-then the painting. Once that is done we will make a stone patio in front of it and to the little pond. The last two nights we have been out here watching movies and it feels like we are someplace else. We are enjoying it tons. I thought I would take a little break from the Robin babies and show you some more pictures of my little hideaway.

19 Thanks for your comments!:

The Raggedy Girl said...

I love the little Fairy Village. I am so glad you are enjoying your haven.


The Raggedy Girl

Lady of the Mote said...

awe that's sweet.

Southern Comfort said...

I've always wanted a way to invite fairies to come and visit-I didn't realize you needed a door! Your little cottage looks like a home away from home. A vacation spot!

A Beach House Dreamer said...

Too cute. And I love your beachy header!

Nina Diane said...

you are so cute!!

Melissa Miller said...

Ah Dawna that is soooo precious!
I love it! :)

Melissa Miller said...

I meant "Dawnie"! :)

Ginger said...

You have a great view into fairy land, from your cottage. Very sweet. Are you going to spend the night out there sometime?

Anonymous said...

that i so cute i have to get up ther soon i just love it.love ya

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
What a great idea! It's so cute and your grandchildren will think it is so magical. Cindy

Shelley said...

Love the idea of a fairy village! Very sweet! Your views look great from your little getaway!!

Kat said...

I love this little fairy village. What a cute idea. How nice to have a place to "get away" without having to drive for hours! Kathy

grammy said...

Thats great that you enjoyed a movie out there. Proof that you don't need to buy a fancy mansion in a far off land to just get away (o;

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

How cute! I'm becoming a little envious of your wonderful retreat! laurie

Lilly said...

That is the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I love your sense of style. Now, have you put in for my latest givaway that came form Etsy sellers. Go to the middle column on my blog and put your name in. The wall decals I though to fyou immediately. You just never know.

Martha said...

Fairy gardens are special -- there is one at Linderhof and we'e always so excited when we can spy a fairy.

Bridget said...

How cute! I'm glad you love your new hideaway.

rosemarie said...

hey dawnie,thats so cute...i have to get a few more things done around my place...

Sassy said...

OH MY STARS!!! I have to do that so I can share that with my grandkiddo's too...I love it! And it looks beautiful...what a beautiful view from your window!