Thursday, February 5, 2009

Disney on Ice and Annie!

Here is one of my twins. Her name is Elisa--BUT since she was a little girl she's been called Annie. She watched that movie so many times when she was little it broke. I couldnt go a day without playing that movie. She also has always had a fascination with Band-aids. It was so obsessive we actually began buying her bandaids for gifts and one year we bought her this HUGE First Aid kit. She went thru it all--and loved it. We refilled it many times. I'm tellin ya, if you have a box of band aids in your home even to this day--she will go thru em like nothing. She just graduated and is an RN and recently began working. I was checking out Annies and came across this Annie doll on Ebay--and couldnt pass it up. Its called First Aid Annie...and she comes with a little purse of ----BAND Aids!!! How perfect was that? I have never purchased anything on Ebay--and when I learned I had to bid--I was kinda scared. I knew I wanted this doll for her--but I also knew I wasnt going to pay something that insane. I picked out what i knew was my highest bid and placed it. And prayed....and I got it. Annie arrived today--and funny thing--Annie was here doing the wash when the package came and had no idea it was for her. When I got home from work I called her and told her she needed to come back because something came for her today and she needed to check it out! Sooo here is our Annie--with her Annie!


And....this is our once a year tradition we do with our granddaughers. Today is it! Disney on Ice...we've been doing this for about 4 years now. We go on opening night. We take them out to a Buffet dinner and then head to the show. Its a night of "whatever you want, you get". We spend a ridiculous amount of money--eat a ridiculous amount of crap,,but love it! This year we are bringing Ms. Ellie the 2 yr old...I'm not sure how I feel about it--but Baldy wants to try it. He will be the one to walk out with her if she gets that bad. I LOVE ice shows--and so do the girls. I'll be sure to take pictures. I know I'll be coming home--tired,,,broke but happy!

21 Thanks for your comments!:

Kat said...

How fun that you found that doll! Some things are just meant to be. I remember the first time I bought something from E-bay, it was really kind of scary! Have fun at Disney on Ice, this sounds like a wonderful tradition that your family will remember for years. Kathy

Lady of the Mote said...

what a perfect gift for her!

Bridget said...

The doll is wonderful, what a great find!
I hope Miss Ellie loves the show, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Flor Larios Art said...

She looks very happy with her doll. You found her the perfect gift!

Meadowsweet Days said...

Is that doll perfect or what? Don't you just love when you find the perfect gift? And what a fun evening you are going to have! Enjoy!

Carol

Mary Ellen said...

I love this post.......what a beautiful young woman your daughter is..her smile just radiates. I love how this was your first time bidding on ebay....you were an ebay virgin....I love it.
Ice shows.....oh how I wish I was your grand daughter. I haven't been to an ice show in years and I love them......it sounds like a wonderful wonderful evening and I hope you have lots of fun.....I know you will make super memories.

grammy said...

That was such a good find. Ebay scares me too. Yesterday I saw the cutest Annie dolls at www.farmhouseblessings.blogspot.com go look at them. Would love to take my girls to Disney on Ice. I am actually going to look it up and see when it comes to Denver.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Well, you certainly found the perfect gift for her. What luck! I know she will treasure it.

I Love Disney On Ice! Have fun! I'm betting the 2 year old will be mesmerized. Good luck. laurie

Sassy said...

That is great that your bid won...I have always been so chicken to do that. How funny about the band-aids and NOW SHE'S AN RN....what a neat story! I ♥ the tradition with your grandchildren...I have to start that...love it love it love it! I also want to say I really ♥ the room divider behind your annie...that is beautiful and I'm digging your stone fireplace....just beautiful!

Nana Net said...

What a wonderful gift for your daughter! I hope you all have the time of your life at the "Disney on Ice" show. Which knowing you it will be nothing but fun!
Take care.

Four Paws and Co said...

What a fantastic find & I love the look on her face! It's priceless! Good luck with Miss Ellie. Hope Baldyman has his pockets full of things to occupy a 2 year old too! ♥ Diane

The Raggedy Girl said...

How sweet and how nice that you won the doll! Is this the daughter that had the job and apartment problems that we prayed for? And now she has a new job?
Wonderful!
Roberta Anne

Anonymous said...

I know you're proud of your daughter, she has a career for life now. Love the doll you won for her. And do I love Ice Shows, but I haven't been to a Disney Ice Show since the Lion King. How great to watch it with your grands. Enjoy.

Hugs,
Chris

Shelley said...

You are such a thoughtful person Dawnie! That doll was such a great gift for your daughter! And I wish I could be a kid again and tagalong on your Disney on Ice adventure!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
Love the doll you found for your lovely daughter. Well, I love figure skating, my daughter skated 13 years and so I know that it will be a wonderful time. Last year my daughter and I went to the US Nationals when they were held in St. Paul and it was wonderful. Cindy

Ginger said...

Hi Dawn:
What a cute daughter and a cute doll too. I used to go to Ebay and buy stuff all the time, got addicted to bidding and winning for awhile.
I hope you have a great time at the ice show...I love that kind of stuff too.

Nancy Rosalina said...

What a great find! I know you are thrilled! Blessings to you Dawn! Nancy

Pam said...

Thanks for stopping by! I don't evny you the cold weather. I love Atlanta winters. But...come July I'll be complaining about the heat! Drop in anytime!

Melissa Miller said...

Dawnie that is the sweetest story!
I'll bet Annie will treasure her always. :)

Vodka Mom said...

It sounds like a great, great time- and a great gift as well.

Anonymous said...

I love that doll with the nurse theme and Ice shows are fun!