Monday, February 9, 2009

Early Birthday Gift!

This week happens to be my 51st birthday...YUCK huh? Well, it will be alittle easier to swallow when I sit and admire this. My cousin Rose, she has a blog here, gave me this gift Saturday when we spend the day and night visiting. Its like a small windowpane with this lavendar floral design in it. I think its beautiful. Funny thing is, I was looking at a design similar to this the very day she gave it to me. I was in a gift shop before I went to her house. I dont have anything like this so it will be a nice edition to our little home. I want to place it where the sun will hit it so the colors will shine thru.

I'm NOT happy at all about turning 51. It stinks...but yes I know the other choices all to well. I'm not ready for those either. I doubt God wants me yet--there is still to much to be done with me.

I'm taking Thursday off so I can be a domestic diva on my special day. Baldyman is going to take me to Red Lobster for Lobster Linguini and then to Cracker Barrel for a dessert we both enjoy. Other than that I plan on lounging in bed with my dog and being a total slug! Come on Thursday!

24 Thanks for your comments!:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Dawnie. I hear you about your 51st birthday. My fifties have been a real challenge and it has been especially difficult because my forties were fabulous. Still it beats the alternative so do several extra special things for yourself on Thursday.

Are you set up with Etsy or E-Bay yet? If not, how do you sell your products on-line? Let me know, ok?

Shelley said...

51 is better than 101! :-)
I hope your birthday is wonderful - good food always makes me happy on my birthday!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Dawnie,
Happy Birthday Dawnie! Your day on Thursday sounds fabulous. I love the gift your cousin gave you, how pretty. I understand your pain, since we are the same age, but hey you'll forget about it again in a few days! Cindy

Bridget said...

Happy almost birthday. Having celebrated the lovely 51 a month ago I can tell you it's not as bad as it seems. I wasn't exactly thrilled to turn 51 either. Just remember you are 10 years younger than 61. lol

rosemarie said...

hey dawnie ,im so glad you like what i got you ,when i first looked at it ,it said your name all over it.thanking for coming over ,had a great time..enjoy your thursday.

Carol said...

Happy Birthday Dawnie! Have a great time on your night out with hubby.
Blessings,
Carol

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know what I would give to be 51 again. There's a few things I would do differently LOL

Hugs,
Chris

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Thank God for your 51 years! I had both of my siblings pass away at age 45! Enjoy your birthday!

Thank you for the compliment on my kitchen cabinets!

Take Care
Darlene

Ginger said...

Hi Dawn:
I'm glad you have your birthday planned out. The day relaxing will be nice and not having to cook will be even nicer.
51 seems young to me...I will be 64this year and I feel pretty darn old some days. But like you said, it's better than the alternative.

Nana Net said...

Aw Dawnie, you could reverse the numbers and be 15 again! :0)
Of course then you would not be as wise and wonderful as you are now! Still though age to me is not really important. It is what is inside that matters. And you my dear truly do shine!
I hope you and Baldyman enjoy Thursday to the fullest. Make sure to take lots of pictures for us to see. But most of all just enjoy spending time with each other!
Take care and I will chat with you later.

Nana Net said...

Drats, I forgot to mention how much I love the gift from your cousin! Tis beautiful! Plus when you do put it into the sunlight I can just imagine all of the glorius colors that will shine through from it!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Happy Birthday Dawnie.
My fifties were some of the best years of my life and wishing you the very same.
Roberta Anne

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Susan

Kat said...

Happy early birthday Dawnie. Sounds like a perfect day to me! Love your gift, I bet it looks beautiful with the sun shining through it. Have a great day! Kathy

Anonymous said...

My fifties have been great and I hear while it does have many changes, they are all for the good. Thank God! Anyway, I saw the gift you got and its gorgeous. But I wanted to say since its lavender becareful. Dont put it in direct sun. Purples tend to fade fast even with glass items. :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Great idea for celebrating your big day. Sounds like a dream to me. Your gift is so lovely. I can't wait to see where you hang it. Believe me, I thought 51 was bad until I got where I am today! 51 looks pretty darn good now!laurie

Nina Diane said...

Early Happy Birthday Dawnie!! Yeah...I'm not a fan of being in my 50's.....I'll hit 53 in March. And in my mind, I'm still around 25...haha!!

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Dawnie, it looked like your grandkids had a great time at the show, I loved the before and after pics! lol!

Flying is a little nerve racking, just glad we made it home safe! The trip was out of this world! Kristen

Laura said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great one! If it makes you feel any better my birthday is next week and I'm a year OLDER than you! I like to think we age like a fine wine. :) Enjoy your dinner!

Karen said...

Well Girl, we'll do the big 51 together. I'll turn it in May. But . . . it's just a number. My hardest birthday was 29. Don't have a clue why, but it was.
So enjoy your day off, lounging around the house - sounds wonderful. But then you'll get all caught up in taking pictures and working on projects to post and answering other blogs and then - GOLLY! The day is gone!
This can be a very addictive thing this blogging. But it's so very fun.
And where else can we all turn 51 together so happily?
Have a great day!!! Karen

Lilly said...

Good on you Dawnie. I love the gift too. Age sucks its true but we cant stop it so keep doing what you want in life and enjoy!!

Shana said...

Happy Almost Birthday! Sounds like you have the perfect day planned.

And the frame is just gorgeous. You are one lucky girl!

Sassy said...

I know....I will be 54 this year...and the minutes just keep tickin' away...my question is how is it possible to get wrinkles and zits at the same time???? I ♥ your window!!!! I just really love old windows and that one is especially beautiful with the floral design on it...I am sure where ever you put it it will be look great.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Happy Birthday...Dawnie....Now you
've really got to get better!!!!