Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flowers one way or another!

I'm beginning to finally crave spring! No flowers around here for quite awhile though. Even my little crocus that were popping up probably went back to sleep after this last snowfall. Sooo, last night I made some flower bath soaks. I found this mold at Wal-Mart and knew it would make pretty bath soaks in tulips and flowers. I'm making a whole variety of scents and colors and then adding them to a pretty glass jar. A jar full of flowers! This scent here is Heather and Hyacynth. It smells so summery and fresh its amazing. I'll get my flowers one way or another! My bath soaks are full of good for your skin ingrediants like shea butter, epson salt, sweet almond oil, from those that have used them, they all say you do not need a lotion after using them. Anyone interested just send me an email!

We may hit 40 today, and I'm so excited. Maybe some of this snow will melt. It was still below zero this morning and Genie refuses to go outside in this cold. She will just quickly do her duty and run back inside. No walk for her this morning--so tonight she will be feisty. I went to bed last night at 9:30., slept all night and still felt like sleeping this morning. Thats how I know winter is getting to me. I'm off to work, have a great day everyone!

P.S. I have a glass jar that I've filled with the bath soaks and will get a picture on tonight. It really does look really pretty to place on the bath for anyone that has a nice soaking tub.

17 Thanks for your comments!:

Lilly said...

The bath salts looks fantastic. I can just imagine them in a glass jar too. Love the shapes. Do you just use moulds you can get for chocolates do you? They look so professional. Congratulations Dawnie! I am going to have to get some.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Dawnie,
Those are too cute! Great idea Dawnie and lets hope for some spring soon before we all turn into zombies! LOL Cindy ( your Wi buddie)

rosemarie said...

sounds good dawn,i know how you feel about this cold weather,now that i had a taste of warm weather and green grasses im really looking forward to spring...

Lori said...

Dawnie, Yay! I am back! I just had to stop following and then start following again.
I missed you♥ LOL
That darn Blogger!

Bridget said...

Hey Dawnie, That new scent sounds delightful. I'm sorry it is so cold there. Brrrrr I do hope you get some sun today and if you do, go sit by a window and soak some of it up!

ellie mae said...

Hi Dawnie, Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. :)
I love meeting others with twins. I just might need some advice here or there from the pro's. :)
Love the soaps and the idea about putting them in a jar. I might have to try that.

Pearl said...

Spring is coming to Minnesota as well!
And bath soaks. That is so cool!

Pearl

squawmama said...

Wow Dawnie... Your bath salts sound so yummy... I can't wait for the pictures... Sure hope you get your wish of warmer weather soon... I keep telling you to bop on down here with us in the sunshine state... LOL LOL

HUGS,
Donna

Ginger said...

Hi Dawn:
I am craving warmer temps too. After a couple of days of gloom and doom, we have sunshine this morning!!! The snow has melted finally.
I like my foot fizzies that I got from you. The spearmint scent is so nice. I wish I had a big soaker bathtub though!!
Ginger

Sassy said...

Those are so beautiful and I'll bet they smell so wonderful...we are in the high 80's and I am NOT liking it although it is absolutely gorgeous...here it just continues to rise and I'm NOT ready for the heat! I want to thank you for your very kind words on my post... it meant so much...and seriously why does life have to be so ugly and how can family members hate so much and so deep...I'll never understand this...but thanks anyway and I am sorry you go thru the same thing it sounds like...life do suck sometimes for sure...I think I need to buy some of your pretty bathing products because Calgon didn't take me away...dang it!!!!

Karen said...

OK, once again I rest my case. SOmeone needs to invent "blogaroma"!!! Then we could smell your yummie soaps.
GIrl, you need to go back to my post last Sunday and see what is there for you. ;)
HAGD! Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love the smell of hyacinths. I almost bought one the other day but the place where I would put it still has my white and pink poinsettia. It's still looking great and I can't bear to throw it out but the hyacinths are really calling to me. Pretty soon I will be able to pick some fruit tree branches and force them to bloom inside. I always love that. ~ Lynn

Vodka Mom said...

It is supposed to be 45 tomorrow 45!!!!!!!!

Shelley said...

Those flower shaped bath soaks are so cute! And I can't wait to see what they look like in the glass jar !

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Those are so cute! I can't wait to see a picture of them filling a jar! Great idea! laurie

Anonymous said...

HELLO DAWNIE,
I DIDN'T REALIZE I HAD NOT POSTED SINCE YOUR PURSE POST...SORRY....
I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND YOU....
I WISH I COULD SMELL YOUR SOAPS.....I CAN THANK THE GOOD LORD ABOVE THAT AT LEAST WE DON'T HAVE SNOW...IT JUST MAKES MY BONES ACHE.
I AM SORRY YOU STILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT.
HUGS
debbie

Lilly said...

Hey Dawnie, did you have any problem with followers? People have been asking why I have stopped following their blogs and I have seen others wondering why they lost followers overnight.

To fix the Follower issue, go to Dashboard. On the left you will see "Manage". Click on that. To the right of each blog if you see "Anonymously" against any blogs you are folloowing, you needs to change it to "Publicly." It often reverts to Anonymous for some strange reason. Now you will appear on that person's blog. I imagine they have to do the same to reappear on your blog. So spread the word!