Monday, February 23, 2009

Winter Storm!

And we thought we might escape another winter storm! NO way...this is Saturday. Our 2nd son pulled the 3 girls on a sled thru our yard. This is our 3 grandaughters. Ms. Ellie is buried, you can barely see her. She was suppossed to spend the night with us on Friday but stopped at Jons for a visit with her cousins and decided she wanted to stay there. So, Baldyman and I walked over there and spent some time with all of the girls. Saturday they came for breakfast and were pulled over on the sled. It snowed all day long, I think we got about 7-8 inches. Saturday afternoon we drove down to Racine for celebrate Baldymans Mother's 85th birthday.
I'm hoping it warms up and most of this melts this week,,if we are lucky we might hit 40 by Tuesday or Wednesday. I hope everyone had a great weekend, and now its back to work!

15 Thanks for your comments!:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hey Dawnie,
We got about 4-5 inches and it turned bitter cold again. Yikes, I am so tired of it. LOve the cute grandkids on the sled. Cindy

Lady of the Mote said...

The kids sure look like they are enjoying it,
stay safe when traveling.

Kat said...

I'm glad someone enjoys that weather, but not me! Hope you get spring sometime soon. My stepfather was from Racine - do you get Kringle when you go there? YUM! Kathy

squawmama said...

Hey Dawnie... Wow that is a ton of snow but on the other hand what an adorable picture of the girls... They looked like they were having such a grand time... Stay Warn girlfriend...

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Nana Net said...

WOW, what fun the girls look like they are having! To be a kid again would be great on days like those...
BTW "Happy Birthday" to Baldymans' Mom. I bet she could tell some great stories having been around for 85 years!
Well enjoy your week. And please do tell about Tyler Perry's movie. Cause I did go see it. And I left a comment for you about it too! LOL

Shelley said...

At least the grandkids are enjoying the snow! Love that photo of them in that sled!

Karen said...

I LOVE IT! But I think everyone knows that by now. (hehehe)
Hey, please stop by my Sun. the 22nd post and find a little something there for you to "pick up".

;) HAGD! Karen

The Raggedy Girl said...

I still want snow but it doesn't even feel like snow anymore. Today it rained on my front porch, not on the grass, not on the walkway, not on the street... just on my porch.

Have a Wonderful Day!
from Roberta Anne

Southern Comfort said...

That looks like so much fun! We are having dry weather with the temperature around 65-so your place looks great to me. I know you probably are ready for Spring, but enjoy the snow for now...and those grandkids!

cherry said...

Love the picture the girls are adorable wish we could have a little of that snow .. not!
I'm ready for spring : )
Thank you for stopping by.
Hugs, Cherry

Ginger said...

Ahh the girls look like they are having so much fun.
We are having rain today, so far no snow though. It's so dreary looking outside.

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Dawnie,
WOW!
Look at all that pretty snow. They look like they are having fun.

Thanks for the kind words about our upcoming move.
I'm crossing my fingers we sell at the right time. We definitly do not want to become landlords.

Have a wonderful week.
~Melissa ;)

rosemarie said...

hey dawnie,the girls look like they are enjoying the snow..i wasnt happy to see the snow when i got off the plane ,in georgia it was in the high forties and even got up to the 60's on saturday ,and all the lawns were green...i want green here..

grammy said...

They look warm and like they are having a ball. We had a warm 60 degrees today. Sorry (o:

Shana said...

Oh, the snow! Will it ever go away. I'm sure we are both very much looking forward to the start of spring. I know it's just about a month awhile, but I'll take the 40s and 50s for now. :)