Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Just in time!

Genie jumped up on our bed as she normally does this morning. This morning was different--her paws got caught in it and she tore it. It looks like crap. Last Saturday we went shopping when we were in Racine and I went to the Seventh Avenue Outlet Store. I fell in love with this bedspread. Its white with Roses on it. NOW anyone with half a brain knows we should NEVER have a white bedspread, especially with kids or pets around.
Isnt this beautiful though? The price was normally over 100.00,,I got it for 29.00. I figured I would use it next month for Spring and Summer.
Well after she tore my spread this morning, I'm going to put it in today. Alittle early but I cant look at this ugly torn spread..and I dont feel like sewing it right now. Baldyman thinks its to feminine but hey....this is the first time in my life I got something feminine for our room. He's gonna have to deal with it.

19 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

so sorry it got torn,it is beautiful,I like my bed in white also,but with a 80lb furkid,I just keep a white sheet over my good stuff.

squawmama said...

Good Morning Dawnie... You are so right on about pets & kids... You have to be so careful what you put on the beds if they are little bed sleepers... Mine is but I love her sleeping with us... I love your new bedspread and what a GREAT deal... You really got a bargain... Have a great day

HUGS,
Donna

Kat said...

What a bargain! It really is beautiful, I'm sure that baldyman will come to love it as much as you do. And if not, oh well . . . Kathy

Mary Ellen said...

OOOO, it's so pretty. I am sorry that your furbaby ripped it......don't you just want to cry. I don't understand why it bothers some men to have the flowers and fu-fu, while others just look, smile and crawl into bed......tee hee, another mystery of life.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Dawnie,
I'm in love with it too! What a great deal you got and hubby will come around. I know mine did. Cindy

Bridget said...

It's really pretty. I have seen men have to live with much worse so Baldyman will survive. lol

Lori said...

Beautiful bedspread! :)

Nina Diane said...

I think it is beautiful!

The Raggedy Girl said...

Every day I put my bed together with the chenille spread I dyed to exactly match the head board and the quilt I made by hand the has all the colors of my room is at the bottom and then I throw an old raggedy quilt over the top of it all so my two 90 pound furry couch can lounge on the bed all day... does this picture just not compute. The new spread is lovely and what a great price.

Roberta Anne

Ginger said...

Hi Dawn:
I love the new spread. Hopefully it's washable!!!
I think the price was really hard to beat.

Judy said...

I love your new bedspread. It is very beautiful and an excellent price. Thanks for visiting and if you haven't made couscous you really should try it...so easy. 5 minutes and it's done. Rice would be lovely with the scaloppine though. Let me know how you like it.

Anonymous said...

LOL - Maybe you can put some manly pillows on the bed to make him feel better. It's beautiful!

Shelley said...

A good deal on a pretty bedspread! I'm sure Baldyman is comfortable enough w/ his masculinity....

grammy said...

It is beautiful. Makes you happy, so hubby should be happy (o:

delighted heart said...

Hi Dawnie....I just read your comment over at Our Creative Life and had to be bold and come tell you that you are already forgiven. Jesus died for our sins...past, present and future. His work is finished on the cross. The Word says "While we were yet sinners Jesus died for us." He loves you so much and has a purpose for you. We sometimes feel like we can't get close to God because of what we've done. (And we miss out on His destiny for us.) Would you want your kids to ever feel that way? Do you wait for them to come groveling back before you forgive them? No, we forgive them even when they don't say they are sorry cause that's what mothers do. God loves us more than we could ever love our kids. Get the book "Destined To Reign" by Joseph Prince. (amazon.com) It will change your life. You will be free to be who God created you to be. I know cause I've just been unleashed! You can email me if you need to talk or need prayer. pattivee@suddenlink.net You don't have to publish this. I'd love to hear from you tho.
Blessings!
Patti

Lilly said...

I love it Dawnie. It really is pretty and at that price, its amazing. You have a really good eye for bargains! I agree, tell Baldyman you could have chosen something hot pink with flowers all over it. That spread is very tasteful. I love it and of course he loves you being happy so he will come round. Shame about the other though.

Jill said...

Oh gosh, I love my pets, but they certainly can be destructive little devils. My new comforter set has little pulls in it where my granny cats try to jump on the bed and stick their little claws out. ARGH...oh well

Your new spread is just gorgeous, I think it will perfect for spring and summer!

~Jill

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Sorry about your bedspread. I love your new one. Our doggies sleep with us. But, I always take the comforter off. And they know they are not permitted on the bed when it's made. That is a big no no at our house. I do no allow anyone.. to sit on the bed when it's made. Maybe I'm a witch. But, that's the way it is!! You got a great deal. I wouldn't mind having a bedspread like that. It's beautiful!

Sherry Williams said...

I love your new bedspread! The pink roses are gorgeous! I have two cats that sleep with us but they are both declawed(front) & the only damage they do is shedding their fur!
Sherry