Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My Purse!

I cant remember whose blog I saw this on or I would highlight it--sorry but i'm telling ya my memory is going bad...real bad! BUT she challenged us to show our purses--give some information about them, a story if we have one and then show the inside. I was scared to do this because my inside of my purse is a sad story like the one of the side of my bed. BUT...after I took the photo--I was ok--you cannot see how bad it is! Sooo, here is my purse,,yes the one I use daily. There is no special story behind it. I bought it at Kohls, for probably less than 30.00 because simply, I am cheap. I cannot afford an expensive purse nor would I. Not because I wouldnt love to--but simply because I wreck these types of things. I'm mean to my purses. This one is being nice to me right now. It holds alot of things for me. I like that. I need that in my job.

This is the inside of my purse. If youc an see--I have a book that I bought to learn more about Mr. Obama and I have had that book for about 4 months with no reading of it at all. I dont think I will ever learn about obama--and I'm thinking I dont care to. (nuff said on that). I should probably take the book out--I offered it to my kids but they wont look at it either. I tried to follow my SIL's advice and learn about him--I hope she dosnt ever question me on it. I have checkbooks in there, hopefully some Pez candies, change all over the bottom, broken pens. I also carry a bunch of lip balms--lip stick and ALWAYS a small toothbrush and toothpaste because I'm a fanatic about brushing my teeth right after I eat anything. Yes, that means I probably brush my teeth upwards of 20 times an hour--lol! I however, dont brush them after M'M's. For some reason M'Ms clean my teeth! (yeah and I'm blonde and thin and young)

Anyhow--I'm ok showing you my purse. I wont be ok showing you my car. Which I have to do...and I want Cindy to show hers to. If you saw my car you would all take donations to hire me a cleaner. Yes its worse than my side of the bed and its worse than that bad!

15 Thanks for your comments!:

Lady of the Mote said...

it looks like a nice purse,
what a great idea for a post,after we finish painting the kitchen I have to do this,I dont even know whats lurking in the bottom of mine.

Shelley said...

The inside of your purse doesn't look bad! I am afraid to show mine. I'll try to work up the courage! P.S. I'm all about purses from Kohls or Target!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Dawnie,
Aren't you a cute one! And sneaky too. I'll think about that car one. It' bad in there. I clean my house, but I sure neglect my car. I can blame it on the type of job I have ( always taking things to clients etc. ) I think your purse looks quite organized and clean ( I'll read the book, then I can tell you about it and you can fool your supervisor) LOL! Maybe my hubby will get so sick of looking at my car that he'll clean it for me. ( he does this about 2 times a year) and then I can be brave and post a pic. I salute your braveness Dawnie,...... Cindy

squawmama said...

Hey Dawnie your purse looks pretty organized to me... Maybe it's the book keeping things straight... LOL LOL My purse is so small that I can't get anything into it... and it is a designer bag ONLY because my daughter bought it for me for Christmas... Love Ya

(((HUGS)))
Donna

Simply Debbie said...

OH DAWNIE,
YOU ARE JUST TOO CUTE AND I THINK OUR MIND HAS GONE OFF TOGETHER....BUT WAS IT LEAH...ALL I REMEMBER IS I FAINTED WHEN SHE SAID IT COST 300.00 BUT HER MOTHER'N'LAW BOUGHT IT FOR HER...AND THEN IT MIGHT NOT BE HER.......LOL...LOL..LOL
I LOVE THE PURSE...I WILL HAVE TO TAKE A PICTURE OF MY CLOSET OF PURSES...I AM A PURSE ADDICT....CAN'T HELP IT
I HAVE FOUND SOME RATHER EXPENSIVE PURSES AT THE THRIFT STORE IN MINT CONDITION FOR 4.00 AND UNDER.....
AND MY SISTER AND MY DAUGHTER....WE WILL NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT THE N*U*M*E*R*O*U*S PURSES AND SHOES THEY OWN......
MY DAUGHTER WOULD CHOOSE A PAIR OF SHOES OVER HER ELECTRIC BILL AND WOULD SET BY CANDLELIGHT AND ADMIRE HER BEAUTIFUL SHOES...LOL.....SHE IS CLOTHES, PURSE, JEWELRY, AND SHOES ALL THE WAY....AND IF YOU AIEN'T SHOPPIN' FOR HER...SHE IS READY TO GO....
GREAT POST DAWNIE...I LOVED IT
HUGS
debbie

grammy said...

looks like a great purse. Mine is a suitcase lol...I remember the pic of your side of the bed...funny.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

From what I can see, the inside of your purse looks much better than mine! I could not post a picture of that OR the inside of my car! laurie

Tootsie said...

girl...the inside of my purse is like the bermuda triangle! if it goes in...you will NEVER see it again...until the purse is so heavy it gives me headaches to hold on my shoulder!!!!
Justine is the one I saw do something like this...and she had a lot of lipstick! lol

Connie said...

Your purse is cute. I can't bring myself to buy an expensive purse either. I love a bargain too. Connie

Ginger said...

Pretty cute post, Dawn. The inside of my purse is a mess, because everything falls to the bottom. I always have a handful of change floating around the bottom too. I've always bought inexpensive purses, except for the leather purse I bought at a Coach outlet. Now I use it every day and it will probably outlive me. The only negative thing is the weight of it, even when it's empty.

Kristens Creations said...

Your purse is so pretty and clean! Thanks so much for your prayers for my tooth. It is feeling much better today. Your lucky you haven't had to deal with tooth problems! What a pain, literally! Kristen

Anonymous said...

I'm hard on purses, too. I posted my Bag Tag this evening and I use an inexpensive one for every day to protect the few I have that cost more $$. I think your purse looks pretty tidy myself.

Nancy Rosalina said...

Oh lord, that purse thing makes me nervous! My purse is always a mess to behold!

Lilly said...

You make me laugh always Dawnie. You are a great lady I have no doubt about it. Your purse looks kinda clean to me, what's wrong with you? Yes, get that book out of there. Give it to someone for a present, maybe your SIL, he he.

Oh cars, well mine looks attrocious and I was only thinking yesterday I REALLY, REALLY need to do something about it. Even I am having second thoughts getting into it.

Karen said...

Hi Girl! I've been negligent of my post responses this week. Sorry! I had Bag Tag posted on my blog. I was bestowed this tag from Christine at Wash, Fold, Put away, Repeat. I just love her.
And I thought it was pretty fun. You need a good purse. What else do you beat to death on a daily basis? It must have a good strong life to bear the load of my abuse. HA!
Yours wasn't messy at all! As for the car, mine is just always clean. It may have an empty water bottle or two, or an extra jacket, but I just don't like a dirty car. Course it doesn't get that dirty living where there is no snow. TRADE YA!!!!! I'll take the snow and a dirty car!
And I don't think I would read that book either. If we don't get something positive being broadcast . . . well, NUFF SAID! ;)
HAGD! Karen