Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meltdown

Thanks everyone for your thoughts for me yesterday! I planned on coming back but I ended up pretty much resting the entire day. I feel better,,not tip top but better. Sadly, I will return to work today....Anyhow, yesterday was near 60 for Wisconsin. This is what we have now. The one thing about our meltdowns as exciting as they are...they end up exposing things like this. The discoloration on the grass is Genie's winter pee-pee stops. Of course you can still see my Christmas wreath..that was about a week ago almost entirely covered in snow and ice. If you enlarge the picture which I'm sure you wont want to when I tell you why...you can see a pile of Genie's poop....(YUCK) I hope you werent drinking coffee or eating when I said that.


Now this picture you might want to enlarge! This contains no droppings from my genie--this one contains the exciting part of the warm up. My crocus popped yesterday! You can see the tips just poking thru the ground. I think I might have 3! lolllll....I hope Tootsie stops by so she can see what an avid gardener I am NOT! Today its going to be in the 40's and rain., still a good day for these crocus to continue popping up.

16 Thanks for your comments!:

Dawn Marie said...

OH MY I enlarged the picture with the crocus and I found em---but I also found baldy's cigerette butt in there! YUCK. Another dreadful thing of the meltdown, all the junk I have to clean up from these slobs of mine.

rosemarie said...

hey dawnie ,i have the same problem,jim has cigerette butts all over the ground,and im going to have him clean them up..all of our snow is gone,so you can see how ugly the yard looks..have a good day at work..

Flor Larios Art said...

Isn't great when you start seeing spring signs...I love it!

Lady of the Mote said...

glad to here your starting to feel a wee bit better,
I love signs of spring

The Raggedy Girl said...

I hate that yukky yellow lawn time between the almost end of winter and the not quite start of spring when it all looks like grey mush. But I too see the little crocus and here they come.
Roberta Anne

Shelley said...

We're having your same weather! I hope the crocus is a sign of an early spring! :)

Ginger said...

That's pretty funny. We have a mess under our snow too, but it doesn't stay clear enough to clean it up. We got another storm and now everything is white again.
Glad you are feeling better.

Four Paws and Co said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear you're feeling better! Love the shot of the crocus's peeping up. ♥

Anonymous said...

Spring is almost here!

Judy said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better. Maybe it was seeing the crocus and knowing Spring is almost here!!

Unknown said...

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and thanks for the comment. You did give me a chuckle this a.m.! I left you a comment after your comment! I hope you'll stop by and read it! :)

grammy said...

Glad you are feeling better. We finally have snow today after a long warm spell. It will be gone in no time but we sure needed the moisture.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OK Dawnie,
I'm in Wisconsin and I didn't have anything popping up through the ground. I don't think that's fair. We were in the 50' and so I am assuming your a bit south of us. We're in the Western part of the state and now it sure looks ugly, a sloshy mess. And it is so dreary, I need some sun! Happy V- Day, Cindy

Tomarie said...

I wanted to come by here and thank you SO MUCH for the sweet things you said about our cabin over at Laurie's!! It is truly appreciated! L~

Sassy said...

It is always exciting to see new growth...this weather...wow...I guess the ground hog called it...we were in the 80's last week and then had snow on the Superstitions yesterday....crazy! You were so funny about my skid marks...I'll tell ya...probably had some after it was all done and said...LOL

Nana Net said...

You sound as if you are on the road to recovery! YEAH! I hope you have a wonderful Birthday today! Plus just know that Spring is not too far off. Enjoy the day.